Rare Photos

BroKen_H

Re-member
Anyone seen any rare photos around the web? I'll start with this gem I found...

d86e79e173631a86274370de20fe1585.jpeg

You're in RARE form! :)
That's how I like mine done, BTW. Nice looking steak, there!

I like mine cooked a little more than that, but not much. I grill them very hot and very quick. Nice crusty char on the outside, soft and pink in the middle. Kind of like an old hooker's lady parts.

I like mine cooked a little more than that, but not much. I grill them very hot and very quick. Nice crusty char on the outside, soft and pink in the middle. Kind of like an old hooker's lady parts.

I use a cast iron pan over a very hot stove. I've always preferred that taste over a grilled steak. The fancy places surely aren't grilling your steaks ;) though my stove doesn't get as hot as theirs.

I used to cook mine extreme heat, 20 seconds per side, no more no less. But since have developed a taste what the charcoal can add. Good coals add a flavor that makes it worth losing a bit of the red.

I use a cast iron pan over a very hot stove. I've always preferred that taste over a grilled steak. The fancy places surely aren't grilling your steaks ;) though my stove doesn't get as hot as theirs.

I live in Texas. Steaks get grilled down here. Hell, everything gets grilled down here.

Back to rare photos ...

Todd Rundgren, Bebe Buell and Alice Cooper - wonder if it became a 3-way?
imagesKWREGTUV.jpg

Tom Petty and Todd Rundgren - just WHAT were they doing?
kMBRFoA.jpg

Steaks can be good that way, but I gotta have the smoke taste for a good rib eye. I modded my grill to burn super hot. 2 minutes, turn 90 degrees, 2 minutes, flip, 2 minutes, turn 90 degrees, 2 minutes and done. 8 minutes total. Plus I rotate my steaks around the grill every time I spin or flip, so none of them stays in a hot spot the whole time. -That's assuming steaks are a little over an inch thick and the weather is decent and not too windy. If it's cold or windy you gotta add time. Just salt and pepper - in liberal amounts.

I "blacken" my steaks sometimes. It's my Louisiana upbringing. Hit em with some Zatarains, cast-iron pan sear them lightning quick, then onto the grill. You yankees should try it out. It's easy.

that sounds good. i was in NOLA over the weekend for a wedding. no luck finding a good hole-in-the-wall shrimp/chicken joint, so I had to settle for Popeye's (which we actually have in Detroit anyway) :facepalm:

I usually cook steak hibachi style in a super hot wok or cast iron pan...in butter and garlic...with soy sauce...a little sriracha and mirin. Cubed and seared quickly on all sides then take 'em off and dunk 'em in a hot, spicy mustard sauce. Good stuff.

that sounds good. i was in NOLA over the weekend for a wedding. no luck finding a good hole-in-the-wall shrimp/chicken joint, so I had to settle for Popeye's (which we actually have in Detroit anyway) :facepalm:

Duuuuuuuude. All you had to do was ask in Prime Time. There are a bunch of people who could have recommended something. That is a missed opportunity. Big time.

Duuuuuuuude. All you had to do was ask in Prime Time. There are a bunch of people who could have recommended something. That is a missed opportunity. Big time.

Good call. Crap. Well, to be fair, I didn't think I'd have any time for it but ended up having all Saturday to myself since the GF had weddings things to do. I drove around aimlessly and searched for something deep fried or bbq'd. Next time I will ask, for sure.

We also went to Nashville and stayed a night there. Memphis too. We both liked Nashville best. Maybe I'll start a thread about our 2300 mi road trip. Lol. Argh, sorry OP.

The only way I pan sear a steak is if I'm putting it on the grill after...Since I got rid of the propane junk and went to actual oak charcoal with fresh hickory chips off my trees, there's no turning back...which reminds me, I've got some chicken and brats to throw on the grill. See you guys later.! :)

Back