Rainy Day = New Tune

Cool tunage man....I agree that the drums are thin...
I didn't hear the first one but am glad I heard this...
the guits sound real good to me...I use a modeler and can't get that kind of sound...very cool....

excellent writing man...top notch
Take it easy,
Joe

kjam22 - yeah, that's just an open hat during the choruses.......reminds you of 'the cars'? well, i love the cars, so i'm glad it shows....in my 'pop' type songs i've been searching for a neil young meets cars vibe lately, so i don't mind the comparison.......thanks for listening

joro - glad you caught it......i'll try getting some verb on the drums and see if that beefs them up at all.....thanks for the listen

Hey Powder,
Very nice man, especially the guits. ..REALLY nice tone there. A little pitchiness on the vocs in a few spots but nothing offensive. ...really impressed w/ the guit tone. What guit/amp are you using. Nice and clear but punchy and full. Recorded well too.
Nice stuff man. Polish this one up! Very nice tune too, I like the little step into falsetto youre doing during the choruses.
g

Yo G, the key for me with my amp sound has been a small practice amp with very high gain and medium volume. that way it sounds really loud, but actually isn't.

I've got a decent size Marshall, but I only record w/ my crappy little Randall practice amp. I mic it w/ an SM58.......thanks for checking it out.

thats a new twist from you. Cool... I like it.
Guitar is kicking and sounds good. I like the drums. The delay on vocals has a nice Brit texture to it. Doesnt bother me with the tone cause it goes well with the crunch on the guitars.

Toki - glad you like it man........yeah, i like the way the delay on this one works too......you didn't hear it when the vocal was dry.....that delay helped like crazy.......that always seems to be the trick over reverb to make the vocal sit well for me.......thanks.

SLuiCe said:
Nice singing on this man.

Nice job building the mix up from the beginning too.

well, the vocals are getting better slowly.....one of these days i'm going to focus on getting them all right............i actually used the method you suggested.......took three takes at it, one for feel, one for pitch, one in between........then took a best of.........nobody can ever accuse me of being a recording perfectionist w/ a method like that, but it's more than i sometimes do:D thanks brutha

Back