Put up some pics of your kit

I thought your clip sounded very nice. I'm not a drummer per se, but I do play and record a little and would love to get those results. To the extent that the overheads are a little dark, I think I kind of like them that way.

Mine is finally playable. Want to add another crash and china though pretty soon.

561590_4021914954419_1123888043_n.jpg

Iron Cobra lever hat, Iron cobra double pedal, tama stands, tama rockstar 9 piece (the other kick 13", 14", and 18" toms are not in use), ziljian A custom ReZo ride, A custom projection crash, avedis quick beat hi hats.

It's ugly but she sounds awessome, birch drums made by HB. I made the kick drum from
two drums, the HB birch on the batter side and an old Tama swingstar with the ZOLA coating up front. All the cymbals are pieces I have repaired or as the china type crash on the left, I re hammered from an old crash, the hi hats are my home made "soundedge" style bottom hat I re hammered from an old Sabian.
The foot boards on my double pedal are long , I made them for my size 12 foot.
Oh yeah the snare is an old Ludwig steel shell from some time ago lol.
drumkit2013_zps4bd01b92.jpg

If I tried to play that kit ^^ with those tom and cymbal angles...it would be a new heads new cymbals weekly...cheers to those who can play that...

I like my toms angled so I'm almost doing rimshots on everything.

There is also nothing that makes me cringe more than seeing a dinged up bass drum due to the reso hoops sitting on top of the kick. :cursing:

The studio where I interned had a birdseye maple kit (I want to say Tama but could be wrong) where the kick was all nicked up due to drummers setting the toms so they rubbed on the kick. Really pretty expensive drumset, messed up and dinged due to dingbat drummers. haha

This kit triggers better than the stock roland rubber pads did by a mile. Just need to throw together my own snare and I'll be really happy with this setup.

391541_4957000370970_544468121_n.jpg

Massive amounts of dust.

Even with all that muffling I'm still getting goofy triggering at times so I'm gonna just admit defeat and get a mesh head. lol

I tried with no muffling and it's a clusterfuck of double triggering. Even with all that pressed against the head it still does it. I had the same issues with the toms when I tried to use real heads. The problem went away when I switched to mesh.

Wich is ok with me since mesh is a lot quieter than plastic. haha

But everything sans the kick triggers great.

Oh yeah and that is dust. This is my basement so...

Massive amounts of dust.

Even with all that muffling I'm still getting goofy triggering at times so I'm gonna just admit defeat and get a mesh head. lol

I tried with no muffling and it's a clusterfuck of double triggering. Even with all that pressed against the head it still does it. I had the same issues with the toms when I tried to use real heads. The problem went away when I switched to mesh.

Wich is ok with me since mesh is a lot quieter than plastic. haha

But everything sans the kick triggers great.

Oh yeah and that is dust. This is my basement so...

Try a coated or calf skin kick batter head. They tend to bounce less than clear plastic.

here is a beast that is awful looking....
I traded a PS2 for this drum-kit...missing hardware and bottom heads...
The kit has more holes than some fancy Swiss cheese

We've tried to compensate by adding appropriate garage bling.
It still keeps a beat as a house kit until the Gods Of Rock send another set our way...

1350772302534.jpg

I play electric guitar for a marching band that doesn't march....
The Texas Drum And Bugle Corps band-WORLD GONE MAD- decided to "Keep Austin Weird"
and they added some rock-n-roll guitar and bass guitar to the traditional marching band.

WGM uses traditional acoustic drum kits, electronic drum kits playing along side by side with traditional marching drums...playing favorite rock classics from
AC/DC, Metallica, Kiss, Iron Butterfly and dozens more...

Tenor drums and bass drums in photo are manufactured by Dynasty
please check us out at World Gone Mad Drum and Bugle Corps of Austin, TX

studio drums.jpgIMG_20130430_105021.jpgWGM web size.jpg

I ain't braggin for ATX...I am a yankee from Philadelphia.

Having said that I wouldn't be too cool in the eye of Satan's butthole...
I bet it is humid as well as hot there, not the best place for a venue...

Back