4.4 MB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
i often have to take the brushes out of the right side cause my leg catches, but i like it there because i am right hand dominant and if i break one, they are right there and i dont have to reach to my tom. the foam and blankets work great! got a really amazing sound when recording with three mics!

Post it, or it never happened.. :)

I am truly curious how your drums sound with your setup Tama!

You are among friends here. Well, drummers anyway. :D

There are a couple of ways. The easiest if to select advanced at the bottom of your post, then Manage Attachments. Upload an MP3. The way to do it without the nit of members having to download, is to create a Soundcloud account, upload your song there. Copy the URL (address) for the tune, then paste it in your post. Highlight it, then click the Soundcloud icon in the Advanced section. Then you will have a player in your post.

Hope that made sense...

:)

Here is the audio!

In my opinion it sounds good. the only difference between the recording and the pictures is an ambassador x coated on the snare instead of a black dot and a powerstroke 4 coated on the kick instead of an emad2. Recorded with an Apex 125 on the kick and 2 apex 190s for overheads. Used an allen and heath mixer, tascam us-1800 interface and cubase le 5. no eq AT ALL! love to hear opinions from you guys

Here is the audio!

That foam is killing your high's, just as I suspected it would. The drums seem to sound good, but it's a box-y sounding recording. I bet you'd get a better sound with no foam, or at least with proper sound-treatment materials.

sure its no 3 story house with a staircase, but it works for me. id love to be able to get a sound like When The Levee Breaks! Dream drum sound right there! i am living with other people too so it helps with not disturbing them quite so much.

Zeppelin recorded Zeppelin 4 at Headley Grange. if you ever listen to When The Levee Breaks, ridiculous sound! (with a little help from Andy Johns and reverb lol)

Actually, the foam is doing absolutely nothing to reduce sound levels to others.
Oh, is that what's it's supposed to be for? OK, now I uderstand why he was mentioning not bothering neighbors, etc.... Ok, well in that case, the foam is totally useless.

actually the foam would, less reflection of sound.

Dude, nobody wants to turn this into a pile on, especially since you didn't really ask for help.

But, again just trying to help. Read up on sound-treatment and sound-proofing. They are 2 different things, and foam is useless for both of them. So are egg crates and carpets. The only reflections the foam is killing is high end, which shows in the recording.

Back