Public Mix Contest #6

giles117

Good Morning all (EST)

Here we go for round 6 of the Public Mix Contest Started by our wonderful friend Chris Finster of www.geomana.com

Rules

Downloads Start Today

December 14 - Last Day for Downloads
December 21 - Last Day For Entries
December 23 - Judgment Day. (LOL)

December 25 - Merry Christmas

Details

Pop Tune.
44.1/16 bit
Wave format

I have a New Server. :)

Here is the temporary link to the files

http://p3.hostingprod.com/@patden.com/contest6/

Completed Entires can be uploaded Here:

FTP
Host/URL: ftp.p3.webhosting.yahoo.com
User: contestupload@sbcglobal.net@patden.com
password: contest

EMAIL
patdenstudio@sbcglobal.net

Judges

Blue Bear of Blue Bear Sound
Eric of Raw-Tracks
Me - Bryan Giles of Patricks Den Recording Studio

Giles
When I tried to unzip some of the files I got a message saying they were corrupt.
BigBrassBnd,LdScat1,Shaker2

Corrupt huh? Hmmm They are simple wave files nothings is corrupt. I even uncompressed it myself before uploading.

At what point do you get the corrupt error?

Keep in mind i zip with suffit deluxe 8.0. Not sure if there are issues with it and winzip or whatever PC utility you use.

The message popped up during the extraction using WinRaR. All of the other files extracted just fine.

It worked fine this time so I guess the first one was corrupted during the download like you said.

You know it. I was up till 3am getting these file sright. LOL

Too All the full 230MB file is now up for your D/L pleasure.

Holy Deja vu Batman! I just tried loading the files into Audition and Sonar and both were a no go just like the last contest. Both programs crashed. Can anyone else verify this?

ocnor said:
Holy Deja vu Batman! I just tried loading the files into Audition and Sonar and both were a no go just like the last contest. Both programs crashed. Can anyone else verify this?

Yep. Same here for Cubase. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Arrgh you PC people. I do aiff cant read it i do wav cant read it. LOL

Any pro tools people having issues????

Well, I ran them thru SF again, and now they are loading. I zipped them and am FTP'ing then right now. I'll have a link in just a bit for the PC people.

giles117 said:
Arrgh you PC people. I do aiff cant read it i do wav cant read it. LOL

Any pro tools people having issues????
I wish I could tell you, but on my pc something in my settings has changed. When I right click to SAve Target As or Print Target they are both greyed out.
Ive tried to reset this, and have not been successful. Anyone have any Ideas??

Ahhh u gotta love the support, Thanks NL.Too bad I still cannot access your site. feel free to FTp them to me so I can have them on my site. Thanks. :)

I just tried to select one of the waves for import into Cubase and the program crashed... Also Crashes Adobe Audition if I try to open them. These are some mean files! :eek:

:cool: I prolly should have waited for NL's link....
We have two T1's here at work (shhhh....) and my download rate is sitting at a blazing 149 kbs coming in from Giles' server... And in reading through the rest of the thread (AFTER I started the DL) I see there might be issues with my PC...
Oh well... what else did I have to do today? :rolleyes:

The solution seems to be soundforge. I guess it trims some of the additonal metadata that OS X dumps into a wav file.

Back