• Rock

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Rap/hip hop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acoustic

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Experimental

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I dont give a damn Finster. Just put up the next contest!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lemontree.

i listened to your mix, and im not sure why but for some reason your mixes end up very hi mid range heavy. :confused: Must be what youre monitoring on.
Your mix had a good balance to the instrumentation though. But again theres some EQ woes in there.

Halion.

Quite interesting. :)
You gave in a hip bass line and a very cool pop sensibility.
Nice work my man.

BTW I am not participating in this contest although I will mix a version in DP4 WITH NO USE of external plugins (except Trackplug which costs $149.95 and anyone can get one.) (No waves, no UAD, No Sonlaksis, etc..) For the 2 people who said it was all because i had the right equipment. I think in golf they call it a handicap. ;) So BB, dont judge mine. I just have it for a reference as to what can be done with just your DAW software and the stock plugins.

giles117 said:
(except Trackplug which costs $149.95 and anyone can get one.)what can be done with just your DAW software and the stock plugins.

Huh?
Track plug is bad ass bryan..
64 bit eq, smooth compression(way better than a stock compressor IMHO) and a nice gate(and the compression has auto make up gain and 5ms lookahead)
If youre REALLY gonna do a reference of stock plug ins. Just use stock plug ins.
:)

Last edited:
Aww man!!!. LOL I Love that plug in. Oh well no prob. I despise MOTU's eq, sounds rubbery and plastic but ok. LOL

giles117 said:
Aww man!!!. LOL I Love that plug in. Oh well no prob. I despise MOTU's eq, sounds rubbery and plastic but ok. LOL

HaHa!
the digirack stuff is downright awful man.
Im not gonna lie..
Between those turds i recorded and the digirack plugs! :o
Youd better put you ear plugs in!
...cause' this aint gonna be pretty. :rolleyes:

Nice job Nik, Only weakness is the lead vocal. Sounds lonely.

Love the job you did of finding the groove and bringing the energy out in the track. :) And the little drum loop you added in the break. :) Good move. :)

Yor mix is up on my server ;) Good luck.

nice work nick!
I couldnt find anything i didnt like about your mix man.
Once again,
Nice Work!
Youve got some good ears man. :)

Halion, LemonTree and Nick

Great job on your mixes. Thank God for another 2weeks to work on this. lol Mine definately needs work but Im gonna post this just in case I dont have time to get back to it. (busy week ahead with work, school and a session comming up next weekend. Fin, I really like this song and my girl is working on some backgrounds for it whenever I get time to track them it should be pretty cool. Hopefully we can get it done.

Thanks again Fin, Giles for doing this again, so quick..........Halion, Lemon and Nick nice mixes.

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/sportzzz2003

Thanks
Eddie

Nice Mix Nik :-) A bit too much hard-panning for my taste, but good none the less.

Eddie, your guitars don't stand out enough, they kinda seem to drown in the mix, while they could really pump up the energy of the song. Maybe you should try a bit of compression and a low-mid boost? Just some thoughts.

pt user.

Your mix had a nice solid low end happening.
The fact that you accentuated the bass line really kicked ass.
Ill agree with halion that the guitars coulda came up though.
Personally, id like to hear a bit more reverb, and individual space creation with the toms and as well.

Nice entry overall though. ;)

well.. here's my entry...

This is basically my first mix since discovering this site and the fantastic advice on how to mix.. I actually kinda know what I'm s'posed to be doing now, rather than just wondering why changing the track volume doesn't make it sound better!

here

sorry that it is in a zpi file, but I can't upload mp3s to the server... uni won't allow it.

Back