Preamp for Peluso 2247 LE...

JeffreyC

Ok, newbie here, but I searched and couldn't find a thread that answered my question.

I just received a very lightly used Peluso 2247 LE mic and I am using it to record male vocals (mine), acoustic guitar, and possibly distant miking electric guitar cabs in my home studio.

My interface is an RME Fireface 800. I have an Art Pro Channel preamp, but I don't use it much and think the preamps in the Fireface may be better.

I was a little bit surprised at how dark the 47LE sounds, so I'm looking for a 2 channel preamp that will bring out a bit more detail/air. Price range I'm considering is $400 to $1800 used. Some that I'm reading about - Great River MP-2NV, Chandler TG2, DAV BG1, FMR RNP, Grace, DBX, and others. Suggestions please?

Having owned a Chandler TG2, I would not say that it is the right preamp necessarily if you are looking primarily at vocals and acoustic guitars. I would also take the FMR, Grace and DBX off the list if it were me. If it were me, I would look into a Pendulum preamp, or a DW Fearn, or even a Martech :)

I would add the A-Designs Pacifica to your list, or their lunch box version, the P-1. It is on the bright side, but in a very nice way. You can grab one used over at GS well within your budget.

What's the capsule in the 2247 LE? OT, I know, but I'm curious, and can't find the answer on the web.

Add to your list Buzz Audio. The elixir (500 series) or the 19" rack mount two channel versions are extremely clear and detailed in the high end with a clear full bottom end. Goes well with a tube mic like yours. I have the Pearlman TM-1, a very similar mic, and for vocals and acoustic guitar, it's a very sweet combination.

Last edited:
Back