Post your latest purchase!

It was a coffee. . . No cream. No sugar. Just pure, bitter, strong, paint peeling coffee. Perfection in a cup. I'd post a pic, but I think you know what a coffee looks like. You can call me Mr. Big Spender.

Two new snare drums - my son's reward for getting a distinction in his Grade 8 (highest grade) drum exam this week. He got perfect scores on two of his grade pieces; I've never heard of that before.
blaster.jpg
Mapex Black Panther "The Blaster" 13" x 7" maple
machete.jpg
Mapex Black Panther "The Machete" 14" x 6.5" steel.

Two new snare drums - my son's reward for getting a distinction in his Grade 8 (highest grade) drum exam this week. He got perfect scores on two of his grade pieces; I've never heard of that before.
View attachment 96736
Mapex Black Panther "The Blaster" 13" x 7" maple
View attachment 96737
Mapex Black Panther "The Machete" 14" x 6.5" steel.

Very nice. The maple one is awesome even if just for the finish. Makes me want to get my drums out of the corner and play. . .

Okay, so far so good. I went with no coil taps, the HP wider neck (which is everything I could hope for). The guitar I tried out at GC was $3200. :eek:, but I made them aware before we started that I was interested in an HP studio if the neck was good. They just didn't have one in stock. Went to Sam Ash across the street and found this:
2016-04-13 13.21.27.jpg2016-04-13 13.21.55.jpg2016-04-13 13.22.05.jpg

...and it's red, like the rest of my guitars. :)
Sat down and played this thing for about two hours straight. VERY easy to play. The word fun comes to mind. Not that my Mockingbird is not fun, but tuning that thing cannot be classified as such. I was not ready for reverse tuning on the low strings. Took me a sec. Tried the G-Force (wasn't that a movie about hamsters?) tuners and they actually do a decent job of tuning. Nice hamsters.
I had to order the Vox as they didn't have one in stock, so it'll be a while yet on that. Apparently the Alnico Blue speaker was a special edition, limited run and they can't get one, so I ordered the stock AC15C1 without the X. I figure one day I'll just grab an Alnico Blue and swap it and all Ill be missing is the blue color on the outside. No loss.
Now I can concentrate on getting some really hot pickups in the super strat, and getting the electronics fixed in my dragonfly. I'll get to 13 eventually. :D

Nice Ken...... does it have the G-Force??? I've got a '14 Studio & I like it, a lot. Mine has the coil taps, but I never use 'em...

Just curious, how much did you give for this LP??? I like the color, almost got the same myself, but went with desert burst...Nice guitar!!!

It was new, but scratch and dent @ $900. It's a brand new '16 model. Love this neck. First guitar I've ever played that I can play F chords for sustained periods without getting cramps. Seriously. At 55 these things become issues. :laughings:

I'd have liked the $500 SG, but since the guy never got back with me I went looking. Hopefully I haven't angered the "buy used" crowd too much. :)

Oh, and yes, hamster tuners...

Last edited:
It was new, but scratch and dent @ $900. It's a brand new '16 model. Love this neck. First guitar I've ever played that I can play F chords for sustained periods without getting cramps. Seriously. At 55 these things become issues. :laughings:

I'd have liked the $500 SG, but since the guy never got back with me I went looking. Hopefully I haven't angered the "buy used" crowd too much. :)

I've always wondered about the scratch/dent gear. Do you see/feel anything on that guitar that would make it as such??? Just curious, looks to be a good deal, IIRC, my '14 LP was just shy of $1,100, new...

And man, you gotta do what you gotta do in order for 'ol Ken to be happy, you know??? As long as 'ol Ken is happy with his '16 LP, doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, right???:thumbs up:

I'm 45 but can definitely feel the difference in myself just from a couple/few years ago, hang in there...:)

Just picked this up last weekend. I'm pretty pleased with it. Got it used for $180. :)
View attachment 96760

Nice, Epi, Gibson or what??? Either one is a win+win for $180, but if it's a Gibby, that's the score of a lifetime....

Nice, Epi, Gibson or what??? Either one is a win+win for $180, but if it's a Gibby, that's the score of a lifetime....

According to the model number, it was made in the Gibson Qingdao Plant in China. It's an Epiphone SG. I'm pretty new to different guitar makes and models. I just bought it cause it felt right, played right and looked right. :)

Just picked this up QSC Touchmix16, for my medium sized PA system, and also so I can track live at gigs as it records all inputs and outputs direct to hard drive.

Alan.

TOUCHMIX-16.jpg

You haven't played enough steel string acoustic in your life then. I can do F barres on electrics for days. :)

Nothing like new car smell... :thumbs up:

Strangely enough, my brother's dove is easier to play than most electrics I've ever handled. My Yamaha, though it sounds very nice, is not so great for barres. :)
AFA new goes, I just didn't think I would find that new HP neck on e-bay for $300 anytime soon. Now I'll see an ad for it tomorrow, but no regrets. Other than the blemish on the pickguard and the little scratch on the back, it's perfect, and I think I'm in love...

Back