Post your latest purchase!

Lol, everything I buy is never at full price or is a sought after bargain. Most of my gear is low end and wouldnt compare to the price of a half decent guitar...besides whenever I think I could buy a $2500 synth I spend what Ive got before Im even half way there...fooking money pit this hobby sometimes ;)

I got a buch of stuff that I've accumulated over the past few months & haven't posted 'em in this thread, so here goes, starting with the latest:

Bought this last week...Crybaby Wah (got this from Bill L here in the forum):

Bought toward the end of May... Dell Inspiron i7-4790, 16GB RAM, 1 - 2tb hdd (OS drive), 1 - 1tb hdd (audio drive, bought seperately, & threw into the case by yours truly):

Bought along with the pc... Mediasonic USB 3.0 External HDD Enclosure:

Bought used in May...EVH LBX 15w head & EVH 4x12 cab:

Bought in March...2016 Gibson SG Standard T:

Bought in March...Audix i5 mic:

I think that's it.....:D Everything is paid for except the SG, I'll be paying for that until March 2017...I feel really grateful for being able to buy all this stuff, just a year ago I was wondering where my next meal was gonna come from, so again, I'm really grateful to have all this...

I did have to sell my DSL 100H, along with some guitar speakers, 1x12 cabs, & that god-awful Randall ISO cab to buy the pc/EVH amp/cab, but we've all gotta do what we gotta do I suppose...

The thing I'm happiest with is the new pc, it kicks ass compared to the old AMD quad-core I had, it literally destroys it on everything, hands down. The hdd enclosure is a great & welcome surprise, I've got an old USB 2.0, but the new one rocks. I like it so much, I'll be buying another one before long for an extra drive I've got from the old pc. When I get that squared away, I'll have a total of 6tb of drive space...

Of course, the guitar, amp & cab are kick-ass IMO, but the amp does fall short compared to others I've had, but it's still great & will surprise you for a 15w EL84 amp...

I'm very happy & very, very grateful for the way my life is going now, just a few months ago, I honestly was living from one day to the next, not knowing what to expect at any time. Sure, that could still happen, but I've finally got a little security now, & it's such a burden off me...

Sorry for the long-ass post...:)

1964 Fender Showman blond (blackface) with 15' JBL speaker cab. It's in very good condition. It is ultra warm and ultra clean. It sounded great with my Strat but is really awesome with my Rickenbacker 650. Now I need a tremolo arm on the rick. That'll take some doing.

IMG_3205.JPG

I have a DBX GoRack coming in the mail.
Should simplify my setup for Band and DJ gigs.
dbxGoRackAngle_original.png

I've go an old K Custom Dark Ride...very sweet. I went through several Rides, and when I found that K...nothing else touched it.

It's not like crazy loud, or very hard cutting...so for live use, I'm not sure how well it would work in a Rock band...but man, it sings in the studio....perfect.

Exactly - it's very subtle and musical. The bell and the Ping of the 20" A ride we have already is far more robust and penetrating in a loud mix, but the sheer variety of tones from this 22" is immense. A completely different palette of sounds.

Haha, my current main board is worn out! Completely battered flat!

Don't think it will work well as sound treatment unless I've just discovered something about the acoustic properties of wax.

I am actually competing in a month or so.. a new board won't help me though.

20160812_175522.jpg

Don't know what it sounds like yet as I didn't have time to plug it in last night, but I've got the patch naming sorted... :D

NGD!!

I sold my Kramer so I got this Guitar Fetish Strat copy. Plays great. The frets need filing along the sides, but that's it. I removed the decal after taking this pic. Stupid name for a guitar. Xavierre. Stupid.

Guitar.jpg

NGD!!

I sold my Kramer so I got this Guitar Fetish Strat copy. Plays great. The frets need filing along the sides, but that's it. I removed the decal after taking this pic. Stupid name for a guitar. Xavierre. Stupid.

View attachment 97695

Agreed on the name, but that looks pretty nice! I've eyed their website before as I can't afford an actual fender, but I assumed they must be garbage at that price...I take it they're not?

I wouldn't know how to file frets...are you going to do that yourself?

Back