Post your latest purchase!

The first Tele I ever saw was at my high school at a performance by some friend's new band. It was in the gym on the basketball court and the Tele was a 68 or 69 pink paisley - they were covering a bunch of Stones' tunes.

I have no idea what those Teles went for then, but here's where they're at now (whooaaa!) Fender Telecaster Paisley 1968 | Reverb

I picked up my new Strat this morning. Classic 50s Series Daphne Blue Reverb Photos

I played with it for about an hour in the store using several amps, just to make sure everything was fine. Only problem was the loose nut on the input jack. They tightened that up nicely.

Messed with it for awhile after I got it home but it wouldn't stay in tune.. I wasn't using the tremolo.. strings needed some play on them and it needed to adjust to temp. After about 12 hours, and several 15 minute jams, they settled in nicely.

I haven't plugged it in at home yet, just been playing a bunch of my older songs and it sounds great unplugged - sweet..

This is my first guitar with a tremolo bar and I'm getting the hang of it - this one's very sensitive. Very responsive. I'll develop a light touch - no dive bombing :rolleyes:

This guitar is really nice out of the box. Everything feels good and operates as it should. No marks or blemishes. Comes with a Fender deluxe gig bag which only the top and one side partially unzips, so you have to slide the guitar in bottom first.

Right now, all I've got to play this through is Reaper and it's plug-ins. I'll be getting the AmpliTube Fender Collection and expect not to come up for air for awhile after that.

Last edited:
No pictures, they're back in the boxes to keep clean, but a pair of Alto TX10 powered PA speakers. These are the older model, so don't have the front grill protection of the newer model, but otherwise I think they are pretty much the same thing. Lightweight - 16 lbs each, but plenty loud enough for any acoustic type of show. I wouldn't run bass through them (low end is something like 75Hz), but I have a bass amp for that. Couldn't resist the deal at GC - $99 each. I used a set of these a couple of years ago for an open mic outisde on a deck, and they had more than enough volume for that. Those were rovided by OM partner at the time, who got used ones at GC for $149 each.

Bought this used, after a strong recommendation from [MENTION=187056]JohnnyAmato[/MENTION]

This thing is really cool and sounds way better than Amplitube, to me. There's a realistic "chug" to the palm mutes, resonances from the cabinet modeling, and includes all my most-used amps in Amplitube, like the Marshall 900 and Dual Rec.

Still learning the basics with it (arrived last night), but so far so good.

DIGITECH GNX3000

GNX3000_Top_original.jpg

Bought this used, after a strong recommendation from [MENTION=187056]JohnnyAmato[/MENTION]

This thing is really cool and sounds way better than Amplitube, to me. There's a realistic "chug" to the palm mutes, resonances from the cabinet modeling, and includes all my most-used amps in Amplitube, like the Marshall 900 and Dual Rec.

DIGITECH GNX3000

View attachment 102774

Nice.

I still use my really old RP150. The best feature is the USB connection so I can edit everything on the computer rather than leaning over to turn knobs on a floor pedal.

The best feature is the USB connection so I can edit everything on the computer rather than leaning over to turn knobs on a floor pedal.

Yeah, there's a USB option for this too. But I'm going XLR into the interface, atm. Good idea though... the bending over while at the desk is a pain. I'm not familiar with the buttons yet, so I have to lean over to read them since they're smaller print. hmm...

Good score.
Is it of a size where you can have it on a tabletop? For recording purposes, there's no law that says you have to have it on the floor. :)
One thing I like with my Elevenrack is that its in a rack with the knobs at arms length.
:D

Good score.
Is it of a size where you can have it on a tabletop? For recording purposes, there's no law that says you have to have it on the floor. :)
One thing I like with my Elevenrack is that its in a rack with the knobs at arms length.

I considered that; Just no room for it at the moment, with all my stuff on the top and under-shelf. I'd like to rearrange things and get it up here though.

Order placed for a Zoom F8. The H6 has been such a good piece of equipment but this just seemed like a more flexible solution with 2 more channels, plus 48v on all of them so I don't have to be quite as careful where the 1 or 2 condensers I might have set up plug in.

The newer F8n is supposed to come out real soon now, and it has a couple features that really tempted me, but getting a new F8 for $300 less than its replacement kind of made me do it. And, I have 45 days to evaluate it, so if nobody spills a pint on it when I take it out, it could go back if I feel I can't make it work. But, it's way ahead of the trusty H6, so I'm pretty confident I'll be keeping it, and maybe thinking about adding a 2nd, probably the F8n, down the road. (Time code sync makes it a snap.)

Pics in a couple days.

Yeah, there's a USB option for this too. But I'm going XLR into the interface, atm.

Oh, but I don't mean USB for converting the signal. I mean just to adjust settings and edit patches. Yeah, keep using the XLR to your interface.

If you haven't already, you can download X-Edit from Digitech. You'll need the driver for that model as well.

Oh, but I don't mean USB for converting the signal. I mean just to adjust settings and edit patches. Yeah, keep using the XLR to your interface.

If you haven't already, you can download X-Edit from Digitech. You'll need the driver for that model as well.

Ah, gotcha. I'll check that out. Good call! :guitar:

You'll need the driver for that model as well.

There's a disc in the package, I'm guessing that's what it is. Also, glad all the peripherals were there - realized I didn't read the description in detail before purchasing. As I look now, there's lots of them for sale without the power cords or various other things.

DIGITECH GNX3000

I always wanted one of those digitechs when I was younger. They had so many cool effects. But they used to cost as much as my guitar. :)

I always wanted one of those digitechs when I was younger. They had so many cool effects. But they used to cost as much as my guitar. :)

I really don't care for the effects - the thing has amp and cab modeling. I asked Johnny if he would put down some basic chords with the Dual Rec, liked what I heard, and bought a used one. In my opinion, it's much more realistic than the digital amp sims, even though the tech is older on this board. Not sure why. Must be some outboard components that make it better, or maybe just because DIGITECH has worked in that arena for a while.

Whatever the case, it's crazy that an 18 year old board is more realistic sounding than new amp sims.

edit: I'm intrigued by this idea and I am making a new thread regarding just this, in the mixing sub.

Last edited:
Had a giftcard to the music shop from Christmas. Have been waiting for a used sm7b to arrive, but they haven't received any yet. So, I decided to pick up something to complement the tone from the Gibson Studio Gothic.

20180703_141639.jpg

Rather twangy, compared to the Gibson. Should be a good addition when the music calls for it, though.
[MENTION=187056]JohnnyAmato[/MENTION] might like it. After playing it for about an hour, damn this thing is twangy as hell. With the gnx set on 57 champ, this thing pops and sparkles like [MENTION=185883]RFR[/MENTION] on a saturday night. Really cool tone palette at my disposal now. Excited

Last edited:
Had a giftcard to the music shop from Christmas. Have been waiting for a used sm7b to arrive, but they haven't received any yet. So, I decided to pick up something to complement the tone from the Gibson Studio Gothic.

View attachment 102793

With the gnx set on 57 champ, this thing pops and sparkles like [MENTION=185883]RFR[/MENTION] on a saturday night. Really cool tone palette at my disposal now. Excited

Yeah, a Strat will cut through a mix, that's for sure.
Oh, btw, I pop and sparkle EVERY night, not just Saturdays. :D

Yeah, a Strat will cut through a mix, that's for sure.
Oh, btw, I pop and sparkle EVERY night, not just Saturdays. :D

Yes, it's really cutting through my current project. Using it for the intro - hopefully I'll finish it soon, been working on it for almost 2 months at this point. It was a last minute decision, practically, but turning out to be a good one. Lost of options now.

Back