Post your latest purchase!

That's a big-time outfit. The boys at Rickenbacker don't take too kindly to that kind of stuff. They are a litigious lot.

There are a couple of brands doing Ricky knockoffs at Thomann, and I already have another (which I am now selling) from another shop. Seems whatever these shops are doing, it is in line with the law, kinda like Fender or Gibson-shaped copies. The price, €229 is about 1/10th of a real Ricky 12er. No way on earth could I justify the real deal. I wouldn't play it enough, and besides, the neck profile of a real Ricky would be too cramped for my hand.

5 pack of harps at GC the other day for $15. Sign said $20 and the SKU rang in at $165.00!
harp.png
They're cheap, for beginners - but that's me. For Neil Young and Dylan covers, they should be ok. If I get past the squeak and growl stage, I can update the ones in keys I use. The harp holder I got was $17 and decent- springs are internal, so no getting hair caught in it.

A new box to do a little surf and turf with...

HP%20DC7800%20web.jpg

Cheers! :)

5 pack of harps at GC the other day for $15. Sign said $20 and the SKU rang in at $165.00!
View attachment 94478
They're cheap, for beginners - but that's me. For Neil Young and Dylan covers, they should be ok. If I get past the squeak and growl stage, I can update the ones in keys I use. The harp holder I got was $17 and decent- springs are internal, so no getting hair caught in it.

What kind of harps are they?

A lot of those low end harps are out of tune right from the box and the reeds don't last very long.

My most recent purchase was the harp handbook.

View attachment 94478

I just saw the picture, sorry to say, you would've been better off buying one good harp for $35, than those.

I just saw the picture, sorry to say, you would've been better off buying one good harp for $35, than those.

Like I said, I'm a complete beginner. If I can get the hang of playing, that's the next step. Nothing out of tune so far on the ones I've tried.

theGONK.JPG
After having been on pre-order for over a month, it has arrived. Not the original version, unfortunately, but I couldn't justify paying the amount of money that the original version goes for these days when you find one in working order.

I, more than most people, like weird music. But even I could never really see the point in having a ring modulator. :confused:
Don't knock it 'til you try it! Isn't that what they say? :)

I enjoy a good ring mod, this one's got a built in distortion circuit so it gives it a little more versatility in just one pedal. I need to figure out how to do that drop box link (and to set up a drop box) so I can start uploading to the tone thread...and the mp3 clinic, for that matter. Or I need to remember my soundcloud password... :(

Oh, I've tried them. Back in the late 70's, early 80's.

I have no burning desire to recreate the solo in Paranoid, and if I just want to make noises, I'll use a synth.

Hope you get the upload thing figured out, so I can hear what you have in mind.

wish i had time to record something instead of collecting gear

Just do it. Make time. All that's required is that slow, dull heave of the will.

Hakan-P110-01.jpg

Now that I have the best pop filter in the world I have no excuses either for not making the best recordings the world has known.

Ach young bairns mean I get an hour or so at the end of the night and Im so knackered....but Ive just finished setting up a rack in the guest bedroom so I can negotiate some playtime

2015-09-10_171500720_1DC81_iOS.jpg

I like the bottle opener accessory.

You got a ton of great gear. You even got Korg Volcas somewhere. Shame to waste it.

I think the best thing about them (apart from price) is that the have all the functionality of their bigger brother yet you can fit 4 in a 1U rack

Well, you are the poster child for healthy living. :D

You put de banana in da cheese sauce, you wash 'em boat down...

Last edited:
kc, what I get a little giggle out of is all the fancy rack gear with the Joyos. I keep planning on buying a boatload of them.

Back