Please Mix This - A Challenge (really, very challenging)

Juliet Remix

Chris,

I really want to thank you!! Man this was better than the "blind squirrel" technique I've used in the past. I've really learned a lot screwing around with these tracks and my software.....Hell I think we should pay you!!:rolleyes:

Check out the difference between this mix and the last......Thanks Dude!!

chrisharris said:
Thanks, doug...and I'm still looking forward to it, nw...no rush.

I've been kinda' waiting on 2 more mixes before I tell you all how unbelievably bad you all are at the whole "mixing" gig.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

GOD-ZILLA!! And to think I used to actually listen to some of your advice. No wonder my mixes sucked.

So that's how you recorded those trax...

I was wondering...

:D :D

BTW, the few people that I've let listen to this song really like it... they think it should be on the radio and you should be famous and stuff like that. ;)

Doug Quance said:

BTW, the few people that I've let listen to this song really like it...
Holy hell, Doug...I got actual email from "Olivia." That was cool, lmao. I figured if this was still up after a week, I'd be getting mostly hate mail, lol. You're now my agent. Sorry, you're it...no other takers, so you just volunteered, lol. Anyway, thanks...I appreciate the mp3 too....there's always a weird delay with the "other" file type, lol. ;)

Ped - I'll bet you actually got physically ill listening to my "bass" track, right? I'm shocked it ended up in your mix, lol. (that's mine, right?...oh yeah,...there's that "thing,"...it's mine all right). I think I blew one or both horns on my monitors last night...got a weird power spike and the volume of everything just doubled, and suddenly...lol...EVERYBODY'S MIXES ARE DISTORTING... I doubt very seriously that you clipped the mix, so I'm kinda' bummed about the monitors right now, lol....Thanks for playing...how's things, btw? Good to see you.

BeatDaddy - I've learned more from this than anybody, but it's cool to see you think you benefitted too.

(chris - still not commenting on mixes yet, lol)....

Does this look distorted to you?

No tracks were clipping, it must be your speakers...

If you want I'll redo the entire rhythm section for you (if you tell me the BPM)

Attachments

• juliet.jpg
    juliet.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 121
Btw, for this style of music you play AMAZING bass parts. Mostly it's root/fifth/root.....you're playing whole melodies: you're the Paul McCartney of country music. :D

Pedullist said:
Btw, for this style of music you play AMAZING bass parts. Mostly it's root/fifth/root.....you're playing whole melodies: you're the Paul McCartney of country music. :D
I catch crap for that all the time, actually...mostly from my band's bass player, lol. Somebody in here once referred to the approach as something like being "okay, if you're going for a kind of 'Gin Blossoms' meet Hank Williams sound." :D

Thanks for the offer, man; truth be known, Messhuggah has committed to a bass track, and another generous soul ("Herm") has volunteered to mic up a kit. Why are you never around when I'm BEGGING people for tracks, lol. Anyway, thanks... Oh, and yeah, my horns are blown.

>Messhuggah has committed to a bass track, and another generous soul ("Herm") has volunteered to mic up a kit.

Hmm... sounds like we might have a 'round 2' in the making.:D

You can always PM me, Chris.

Shame about your horns...did you know Lt. Bob blows horns all the time? :D

Hey I posted some questions /problems with mixing I was having when doing this FUN project in the cakewalk forum. In order that folks can find it if they are interested.

Bump

Bill

Hey I posted some questions /problems with mixing I was having when doing this FUN project in the cakewalk forum. So In order that folks can easily find it if they are interested.

Bump

Bill

Ya know...everyone is having so much fun and learning from this that I think I might have to dl all the tracks and give it a go just for my own education. Then I'll dl all the mixes and not listen to them until I do one for myself. Then I'll compare my result with everyone elses. I think I could learn a lot that way.

Are the tracks going to be up for a little while yet (say like this weekend)?

Oh...and I don't care about the thread staying open for my contribution. I just want to do this for my own benefit :)

Jagular said:
Are the tracks going to be up for a little while yet (say like this weekend)?

Oh...and I don't care about the thread staying open for my contribution. I just want to do this for my own benefit :)
Yeah, I think so. They're on 2 different servers at this point.

I was waiting for mixmkr's submission, lol, I don't think that's gonna' happen.

WOOT

coolio beanios :D

Shit...now I'm thinking if I can take my computer on vacation with me so I can play with these tracks.

This is really starting to become a sicknes :D

Doug Quance said:
I have no intention of taking them down any time soon.

www.homesellersatlanta.com/chris_harris
Let me rephrase that...

As Chris Harris' agent, chief cook and bottlewasher... I can only guarantee that those tracks will be available for download until the artist... the star, himself, makes the decision to take them down.

Move quickly, my breathren, as when Chris drops the gauntlet... all bets are off.

:D

Doug Quance said:
Let me rephrase that...

As Chris Harris' agent, chief cook and bottlewasher... I can only guarantee that those tracks will be available for download until the artist... the star, himself, makes the decision to take them down.

Move quickly, my breathren, as when Chris drops the gauntlet... all bets are off.

I like your style, lmao. Mostly a combination of 98% bullshit, with some EXTRA flattery thrown in on top.

Son, you're goin' places, :D

chrisharris said:
I like your style, lmao. Mostly a combination of 98% bullshit, with some EXTRA flattery thrown in on top.

Son, you're goin' places, :D
I hope you are honored.

Most others get only the bullshit. :D

Toki987 said:
chris, don`t shut this down just yet. I`m almost ready to post what I been doin'. I like hearing folks laff..

Workin nights has been rough this time around, and i dont have much free time. I only have 4 more days of it before I`m back to my same obnoxious self. :)

Well, Toki....

we're still waiting!

Back