overheating rack problems

ez_willis said:
Sucker!

walters is cyclical. Same thing everytime. Start off mild, get 'em roped in, then unleash a Fripperbomb. Push it right to the limit, lay low for a couple of months, return.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat........

....and I hope he didn't get banned, too.

I need walters. You need walters. The world needs the walters of the world to make us question how real our wisdom is, and to be grateful we don't have to wear a helmet out in public.

Blood actually makes a really good coolant. So just slash your wrists and let 'em drip all over your rack. Problem solved. For you and the rest of us.

MadAudio said:
Blood actually makes a really good coolant. So just slash your wrists and let 'em drip all over your rack. Problem solved. For you and the rest of us.

Your idea is much better...I was going to suggest using a hose and sprinkler.

I think walters has been banned. Maybe I just don't get what it is about him that is so annoying to people. He didn't bother me, banning seems a bit severe. I kinda miss the little guy.

SonicAlbert said:
I think walters has been banned. Maybe I just don't get what it is about him that is so annoying to people. He didn't bother me, banning seems a bit severe. I kinda miss the little guy.

Alby....once you see his shtick for years it gets really old. I mean if he just stuck to the cave with his bullshit, fine. What I dislike is the fact that he infects these boards, goads well meaning people into giving advice, and not only does he NOT want the advice, he bombards all of the boards nearly at once...He is the embodiment of a troll. I hate trolls. HE DOESNT WANT ADVICE. HE WANTS TO TAKE YOUR TIME!

I dont get why people are so dense as to not see that! :confused:

SonicAlbert said:
I kinda miss the little guy.

Hire a retarded kid to follow you around asking stupid questions all day, and then have him dispute your answers with nonsense, followed by nonsense, followed by an insincere show of appreciation.

TeddyBullard said:
Alby....once you see his shtick for years it gets really old. I mean if he just stuck to the cave with his bullshit, fine. What I dislike is the fact that he infects these boards, goads well meaning people into giving advice, and not only does he NOT want the advice, he bombards all of the boards nearly at once...He is the embodiment of a troll. I hate trolls. HE DOESNT WANT ADVICE. HE WANTS TO TAKE YOUR TIME!

I dont get why people are so dense as to not see that! :confused:

Who cares? It's an Internet Message board after all - if I'm reading this I've got nothing but time. If I see a post that looks like it rambles for five paragraphs it's up to me to read it. Sometimes I will, sometimes I won't. I don't think anyone's being dense about walters though. If he goads people into giving advice, so what if he doesn't take it? The advice is there for others who might as well, right?

This isn't reality, it's the internet.

By the way, the post about mustard was very informative. Haven't finished the A-10 one yet - had to do a little work first! :D

The thing is.... most of us know what Walters is about. However, occasionally (more frequently as of late) his posts have been of some value. I believe that if we jump in and put his posts on track with good answers than we can actaully make something valuable out of it for ohter readers. Posting pages of nonsense however just makes the whole thing even worse. Like it or not, Walters ramblings can stimulate and spawn useful advice and knowledge. The real disservice is cluttering the posts with a bunch of unecessary and uncalled for crap.

xstatic said:
I believe that if we jump in and put his posts on track with good answers than we can actaully make something valuable out of it for ohter readers. Posting pages of nonsense however just makes the whole thing even worse. Like it or not, Walters ramblings can stimulate and spawn useful advice and knowledge. The real disservice is cluttering the posts with a bunch of unecessary and uncalled for crap.

I believe Webster's defines this as a paradox. :D

so were you one of the guys that complained to lizard?

xstatic said:
The thing is.... most of us know what Walters is about. However, occasionally (more frequently as of late) his posts have been of some value. I believe that if we jump in and put his posts on track with good answers than we can actaully make something valuable out of it for ohter readers. Posting pages of nonsense however just makes the whole thing even worse. Like it or not, Walters ramblings can stimulate and spawn useful advice and knowledge. The real disservice is cluttering the posts with a bunch of unecessary and uncalled for crap.

TeddyBullard said:
so were you one of the guys that complained to lizard?

I didn't complain to Lizard, whoever that is, but in all honesty I found those long posts of unrelated nonsense more annoying than anything walters was saying (although I did find the info on the A-10 Warthog to be fascinating). Did "BigRay" get banned, so you had to come back under another name?

For whatever reason, I just don't get what the extreme annoyance is with walters. Maybe I just wasn't around for the fun and games before, so I don't have that reference.

He's not worth getting banned over, I know that. And you were calling *me* dense! :D

tnjazz said:
it's up to me to read it.

Sure, at first. But soon you'll be drawn to walters and like some deep heroin jones that feels like someone, or something is moving your limbs towards the light(or in walters' case, the dark) you will be forced to read it.

If anyone misses Walters, just go over to Harmony Central. He's got at least six threads up and running there - some of which are identical to the ones here.

And Ray, why the ID change?

Ah, nice to see that sarcasm is lost on some people. I don't care one way or the other about walters. I don't really care one way or the other about Ray either. My point is that whether I did or did not complain, what is he going to do about it? I am going to assume that he and walters have been banned since both their chiclets are all multitudes of green, but rep points of 0. The reality is, Ray is already back here under a different name and life will go on. There is nothing either of them can do about it except stay away until their"banning" is ended, or come back under a different name. Ray is already back and throwing a tantrum. I agree that most of walters posts are pretty far out there, but buried inside them are some valid questions and are capable of spawning good information for other readers. If Ray is banned then in my opinion he earned it himself by acting like a 3 year old and posting pages of crap (as interesting as some of it may be) and more importantly by resorting to posting extremely personal lewd and derogatory replies that I would certainly find offensive. In reality, I felt like in those threads Ray actually was FAR more out of line than Wlaters and his responses where much more damaging to the spirit of this BBS than anything Walters has ever said or done. I know that I myself have skipped over reading many of walters threads because I had no interest in them. On the other hand, a few of them (especially in the more recent past) where questions to which other people may have an interest. I post replies there not so much for Walters, but for other people who may read them because they are looking for that information.

Back