Our band an opening act?

Dogbreath

Im an ex-spurt
Possibly. In fact, we have a good shot at being the opening act for Skid Row and Warrant.

Elko Motorcycle Jamboree - Rumble in the Rubies

I thought our drummer was pullin my........leg... ( :D ) .... when he brought up the subject. Then when he had inside info on it before it hit the papers or website, I started gettin cold feet. :o
There's a few thousand people come to these Jamboree's.

I haven't jammed in front of a real crowd in over 15 years! I got real used to being able to close TWO doors and singin and playin to my hearts content.

I'm a little nervous......

I am pretty jazzed about it. And I know I'm good on the bass. But there's always that little voice sayin..."yer gonna fuck shit up boy!"

:D

I am pretty jazzed about it. And I know I'm good on the bass. But there's always that little voice sayin..."yer gonna fuck shit up boy!"

well ...... let mine be the other little voice that says you're gonna rock and have a great time!

Play all of Warrent's and Sidrow's hits while opening for them if you want to make a big splash! :D

:laughings:

I was just thinking that! LOL!

And I was also thinkin that you're right LT. I used to be a live radio DJ with my own rock show, I was a host for lip sync contests that the radio station put on and I was lead singer and a guitarist in a couple of bands.
So what's my problem?

nothin. :cool:

thanks man. ;)

Just picture the audience in their underwear.

Wait! This is a biker rally - they will be in their underwear OR LESS! ;)

Just picture the audience in their underwear.

Wait! This is a biker rally - they will be in their underwear OR LESS! ;)

and some of them wearing less really shouldn't.
Ya glance up and see some ass-less chaps and realize there's hair all over that ass and it's a girl?!?!
(aack)

There is not a greater feeling in the world than playing a gig in front of a BIG crowd! The problem is that when the gig is over it will all be a blur....Enjoy it if you do indeed get the chance.

And also , have some roadies available, show up as early as possible, have your gear pre-staged and be very polite to the other bands road crew. Trust me ,the last they want to do is fuck with a unorganized local opener.

There is not a greater feeling in the world than playing a gig in front of a BIG crowd! The problem is that when the gig is over it will all be a blur....Enjoy it if you do indeed get the chance.

And also , have some roadies available, show up as early as possible, have your gear pre-staged and be very polite to the other bands road crew. Trust me ,the last they want to do is fuck with a unorganized local opener.

yeah, I was thinkin to get someone to video it. Maybe keep the blur factor down.

Good idea on some local roadie help. I'll see if I can hire some friends.
:p

I've heard a few story's that are kinda funny - wondering why the local band up on stage (this is during sound check hours before hand) isn't starting on time for the check?
Well ..... the guitarist was so jizzed about the show that he had forgotten his guitar! And was at the local music store purchasing a guitar for the show and would be back shortly. :laughings:

Possibly. In fact, we have a good shot at being the opening act for Skid Row and Warrant.

Elko Motorcycle Jamboree - Rumble in the Rubies

I thought our drummer was pullin my........leg... ( :D ) .... when he brought up the subject. Then when he had inside info on it before it hit the papers or website, I started gettin cold feet. :o
There's a few thousand people come to these Jamboree's.

I haven't jammed in front of a real crowd in over 15 years! I got real used to being able to close TWO doors and singin and playin to my hearts content.

I'm a little nervous......

Awesome dude - you will have a blast! Don't worry about screwing it up just have fun - 99% of the people there will have no idea if you screwed up or not :p

If it were me I would try to get two video's going - one from the stage looking into the crowd and one from the crowd looking into the stage - then edit them together to make a killer video... :D

Oh yeah! And be sure to let us know how many bras and panties you catch on the end of your bass!

It's gonna be an 80's revival!

Big hair bands in spandex ........... You still have your leopard print spandex and extra small leather jacket that can't be dune up to show off your six pack abs and hairy chest - Right?

The guitars, bassist and vocalist in your band better start that classic move of head banging in unison downstage center. :guitar:

Awesome dude - you will have a blast! Don't worry about screwing it up just have fun - 99% of the people there will have no idea if you screwed up or not :p

If it were me I would try to get two video's going - one from the stage looking into the crowd and one from the crowd looking into the stage - then edit them together to make a killer video... :D

I'm all for taping a Zoom Q3 to DB's head and have a bunch of cut away shots from the DB headcam!

I've heard a few story's that are kinda funny - wondering why the local band up on stage (this is during sound check hours before hand) isn't starting on time for the check?
Well ..... the guitarist was so jizzed about the show that he had forgotten his guitar! And was at the local music store purchasing a guitar for the show and would be back shortly. :laughings:

that's funny :laughings:

My son's very first show...he borrows one of my guitars, 10 minutes before go time, his friend is swingin it in that "around the neck" kinda way and, of course, it goes flyin and busts the head.
:facepalm:

He calls, I brought my Carvin to him and piped off, "Whoever the dumbfuck was, hands off my damn guitars!"
His pal sheepishly steps forward, "Sorry sir."

:)
he called me "sir"
:)

Back