Oregon Suspends Basic Skills Graduation Requirement in the Name of Equity

How does it apply to me?

Edit. I think I know what you’ll say; that I’m applying favoritism - or acknowledging a group as different in some way. I would disagree. To apply an extreme example - was granting civil rights tribalism? Was freeing the slaves tribalism? That would be a ridiculous thing to say.

I’m simply advocating for some compassion. Understanding that state-sponsored discrimination put us here, and NOT tribal differences.

Tribalism is BP’s comments that “The problem isn't the school, the problem is the student population they're tasked with attempting to educate.” Or when JPOV said “black girls need to learn to keep their legs closed”.

Thanks for playing though.

Why do you got to be an asshole about it rather than have a civil and honest discussion?

Demonstrably, you have no idea what I'm going to say. You fall straight into it before you even see it coming. So keep talking. Maybe I'll play later, not in the mood as of the moment. More post holes to dig. Auger ain't doing jack doodly, so it's all arms and back. I ain't as young as I used to be, but I can still get 'er done. Just takes a little longer, a few extra breaks. Heh. 12' posts 41" in the ground ain't quite following the 1/3 in the ground rule, but reckon it's deep enough.

Why do you got to be an asshole about it rather than have a civil and honest discussion?
Oh that’s rich. I’d suggest you review our conversations and see who whips out the condescending attitude first. Begins around #213.

Mick mad 😡?

Forgive me if I get pissed that you accused me of tribalism when you seem to give a pass to things here that would be considered objectively racist by a reasonable person.

But hey. I’m not interested in being an asshole. I’d love to dial it back and be more civil.

Last edited:
Oh that’s rich. I’d suggest you review out conversations and see who whips out the condescending attitude first. Begins around #213.

Mick mad 😡?

Forgive me if I get pissed that you accused me of tribalism when you seem to give a pass to things here that would be considered objectively racist by a reasonable person.

But hey. I’m not interested in being an asshole. I’d love to dial it back and be more civil.

You're pissed, seriously? Yeah you might want to dial it back a bit. You're over invested. None of this is worth getting pissed over.

Is clay even soil? More like fucking concrete, sorta. 1/3 rule says a 12' post should be 48" in the ground. I've been going 41". The last couple it's been a battle to get 31". All that hard clay down there, I wonder if I'll be alright at that, 31"? I mean it's hard, should be alright, yeah? Maybe? Maybe could have a big price to pay in the future. Maybe go 5 more inches? I've got 1, 2, 3 more to go along that line. The rest in this phase are 8' posts, about 10 of them. :facepalm:

Fun with clay. Oh boy. We got this red clay. Could probably make pottery out of it. That’s all it’s good for.

Still weird that the people here calling other people assholes or the people saying shit like "hurl hissing invective" are the actual assholes that are "hurling hissing invective". You know what's asshole-ish? Being a racist. Defending being a racist.

Still weird that the people here calling other people assholes or the people saying shit like "hurl hissing invective" are the actual assholes that are "hurling hissing invective". You know what's asshole-ish? Being a racist. Defending being a racist.
lol@ this guy

You know what, stfu. :mad:

:D

Oh that’s rich. I’d suggest you review our conversations and see who whips out the condescending attitude first. Begins around #213.

Mick mad 😡?

Huh, I thought post 213 was a pretty good post. I mean, I can understand why you didn't care for it, but I don't think there was anything outwardly condescending about it. Quite the contrary. You expressed dedication to argue about something until the day you die and I was obliging the opportunity. Then you got all mad and everything. I mean, dang.

I wholeheartedly support this from the Florida Department of Education:

• The Legislature acknowledges the fundamental truth that all persons are equal before the law and have inalienable rights. Accordingly, instruction and supporting materials on the topics enumerated in this section must be consistent with the following principles of individual freedom:
    • No person is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously, solely by virtue of his or her race or sex.
    • No race is inherently superior to another race.
    • No person should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, or sex.
    • Meritocracy or traits such as a hard work ethic are not racist but fundamental to the right to pursue happiness and be rewarded for industry.
    • A person, by virtue of his or her race or sex, does not bear responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex.
    • A person should not be instructed that he or she must feel guilt, anguish, or other forms of psychological distress for actions, in which he or she played no part, committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex.
Wow... didn't realize they were that level-headed!!!

Is clay even soil? More like fucking concrete, sorta. 1/3 rule says a 12' post should be 48" in the ground. I've been going 41". The last couple it's been a battle to get 31". All that hard clay down there, I wonder if I'll be alright at that, 31"? I mean it's hard, should be alright, yeah? Maybe? Maybe could have a big price to pay in the future. Maybe go 5 more inches? I've got 1, 2, 3 more to go along that line. The rest in this phase are 8' posts, about 10 of them. :facepalm:
Clay is a pain in the . Mass-harvesting potatoes in wet clay is the worst...

Back