One Step_another collab with Chris

joeym

Another collab with my buddy Chris Frehse. I only sang on this one, the rest is from Chris. Mix is by our friend Reiner Herrenschmidt. 80's style madness again......;):D
We'd appreciate some comments!

Joey :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERSION 2:

Last edited:
Nice tune. Reminded me of a mix of Primal Fear and a touch of Control Denied. My only gripe is the drum sound. The ride cymbal is almost inaudible and the rest of the kit sounds over compressed. There's also a few timing glitches here and there that kinda messed with my brain. Over all I love it. Your vocals are brilliant, as always.

I think this is...................excellent!!!!!!!!
You guys are all great - guitars/bass/vocals all perfect for this genre. That drummer kicks butt - I don't find any timing issues myself.....

thats was a fun wee trip :)

everything sounded spot on to me, great mix/vocals/guitar playing....

It reminded me of standing outside the local rock "disco" on a Saturday night back in the early 80s, waiting for the rockers to come out so we could fight them..I did more running that anyone else..im a good runner

have you ever hit a bum note? :D

Nice intro.
The drum intro on the HH was disarming to say the least - & then boom boom boom in super double time.
EVERYTHING is in the right pocket.
Joe Mizzi = Lungs of Metal

I think this is...................excellent!!!!!!!!
You guys are all great - guitars/bass/vocals all perfect for this genre. That drummer kicks butt - I don't find any timing issues myself.....

Thanx Gerry!
the drummer.....well, yeah, usually machines never lie.....;)

Dude... Love it. Love it.

Nits: Beginning guitar bends with eery music behind it should get some low freqs going in there, even if it's just a bass-bend.... Low-end grumble would add tons to the already foreboding tone... Drum tone: Yeah... Not a fan of the paper-hitting snare sound, but after about half of the song, it works itself in, kind of. Huge drums, in my opinion, would have done the song much more justice.

Apart from that, the timing is insane, the guitars repeatedly bludgeon me, the whole thing is really, really well done. Gotta say, though, the shining instrument *BY FAR* is your vocal cords, dude. Screamin' - freakin' SCREAMIN' vocal madness, bud. Last note made me rip my own heart out and eat it.... (in a good way)

Once again, Joey, huge "bravo" to ya.

thats was a fun wee trip :)

everything sounded spot on to me, great mix/vocals/guitar playing....

It reminded me of standing outside the local rock "disco" on a Saturday night back in the early 80s, waiting for the rockers to come out so we could fight them..I did more running that anyone else..im a good runner

have you ever hit a bum note? :D

Ha....! Of course I do....but I edit them out!:D
Well, at least the running kept you in shape!:laughings:
Thanx Keith!

Nice intro.
The drum intro on the HH was disarming to say the least - & then boom boom boom in super double time.
EVERYTHING is in the right pocket.
Joe Mizzi = Lungs of Metal

Thanx Ray!
Hope those horrible floods stayed away from where you are. Is the CD there yet?

Dude... Love it. Love it.

Nits: Beginning guitar bends with eery music behind it should get some low freqs going in there, even if it's just a bass-bend.... Low-end grumble would add tons to the already foreboding tone... Drum tone: Yeah... Not a fan of the paper-hitting snare sound, but after about half of the song, it works itself in, kind of. Huge drums, in my opinion, would have done the song much more justice.

Apart from that, the timing is insane, the guitars repeatedly bludgeon me, the whole thing is really, really well done. Gotta say, though, the shining instrument *BY FAR* is your vocal cords, dude. Screamin' - freakin' SCREAMIN' vocal madness, bud. Last note made me rip my own heart out and eat it.... (in a good way)

Once again, Joey, huge "bravo" to ya.

Thanx Jason! Yeah, the drums might be a little too compressed, but I think Reiner tried to make them as expressive as possible, also considering how fast the song is. I myself had trouble at first with the phrasing and had to sing it a few times to get it right. I used a pretty loud click-track to help me along. The speed was a real challenge. But I just love Chris's guitar virtuosity. Appreciate your comments!:)

yeah the vocals and guitar playing were pretty amazing...full on dude! (whatever that means lol)

OK guys, here's version 2:

Reiner tackled everything you mentioned and more......
See if you think it's better now.

The drums sound much better in this one. During the second verse and the solo I am hearing what sounds like either the bass is making a change a few milliseconds before the rest of the accompaniment or some of the guitar tracks are sliding up to the note while others aren't. It's just nitpicking really though. Or maybe I'm more sensitive to little timing things. I know I drive myself crazy with this shit in my own playing. But still, it's a great tune.

The drums sound much better in this one. During the second verse and the solo I am hearing what sounds like either the bass is making a change a few milliseconds before the rest of the accompaniment or some of the guitar tracks are sliding up to the note while others aren't. It's just nitpicking really though. Or maybe I'm more sensitive to little timing things. I know I drive myself crazy with this shit in my own playing. But still, it's a great tune.

Thanx M!
Appreciate your comments.;)

Back