One of the coolest things I saw in media today

I'm pretty sure that on at least one (pretty sure two) instances - somebody on this forum typed the words "level it" with regard to the area called Gaza - and you hit the like button on those comments. I don't forget ugliness of that type.

How is it that you can't make up your mind about the slaughter of tens of thousands of innocent non-combatants?

I typed it, and liked it.

Who was it that guy what said...

Why do you rob banks?

"Because that's where the money is."

Sounds legit.

It’s possible that just like J6 there were some instigators.

After all, since protesting had started, the official narrative has been ‘pro-hamas’ protests.

It would be in the interest of the establishment to promote that narrative.

Here’s another point of view from a Jewish professor

Interesting, if a bit long. The bludgeon of weaponizing antisemitism vs the bludgeon of weaponizing a murderous terrorist org(Hamas) and state sponsor of terrorism(Iran) to annihilate and destroy from existence a sovereign nation and ally of the US?

lol @ blowing bubbles & braiding hair.

You wanted it leveled and that's exactly what's happened. Give ya a warm fuzzy does it... 15,000 dead children?

Not yet, there's still more leveling to be done. Necessary, unfortunately. I was watching a documentary on Bob Marley recently. Casualties, sometimes you have to take a leg. Pride or over emotionalism precedeth consumption.

When I was a kid on the TV an advertisement of sorts came on, Save the Children. My uncle sitting there said something like, "Yeah, save 'em so they can grow up to hate us, build armies to fight us." It was kind of confusing, never heard him talk like that, sounded pretty cold reasoning. Still does. Reality is often far removed from the warm and fuzzy.

I think maybe in war, one aspect towards victory is to make your enemy so tired of war as to wish for nothing more than peace, for generations. Of course it could result in the opposite. One aspect towards victory in war is to make your enemy so tired of war as to wish for nothing more than peace, for generations.

I think maybe in war, one aspect towards victory is to make your enemy so tired of war as to wish for nothing more than peace, for generations. Of course it could result in the opposite. One aspect towards victory in war is to make your enemy so tired of war as to wish for nothing more than peace, for generations.

disproportionate force, ftw

Here... I'll go slow, Mick. You said:

"Reality is often far removed from the warm and fuzzy"

Then, agreeing, I said:

"That's for sure"

Follow?

I see similarities in Israel vs hamas with the decision to nuke Japan. Is annihilating civilians ever justified? Why didn’t we do the same thing in Vietnam? Maybe it has to do with reason why you’re there in the first place? Japan attacked us but the VC did not perhaps?

If we’d lost the war, we’d all have been prosecuted as war criminals.” So said Curtis LeMay after America obliterated Hiroshima and Nagasaki with two atomic bombs in August 1945.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. Israel has sunk to their level. Hamas attacked Israel, yes, but Israel has been seen as the imperialist from day one.

I’m not claiming to have an answer, only my opinion that Israel does not have the moral authority to commit genocide, and protesting against Israeli genocide does not equal antisemitism or support of terrorism.

.. Israel does not have the moral authority to commit genocide, and protesting against Israeli genocide does not equal antisemitism or support of terrorism.
Genocide - "the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.
"a campaign of genocide"

What is happening in Gaza does not meet the standard definition and to conflate it as such is to do a disservice to the Israelis and also legitimize the anti-Israeli protesters who are in fact calling for genocide against the jews in Israel. What do you think "From the river to the sea!" really means?

What is happening in Gaza is the Israelis making goddamned sure that Hamas is finally eradicated and that whoever remains after will not continue the prior practice of building hiding places in and under civilian quarters and lobbing rockets into Israel on a daily basis. Does any right thinking person actually blame them? I sure don't. From most reliable reports the IDF has achieved a near 1:1 ratio in civilian vs. combatant casualties. That is unheard of. The USA was operating well over 10:1 civilian:combatant in places like Mosul and Fallujah. And we oh-so kind and gentle Americans are trying to hold Israel back? The quicker they finish the job, the less casualties there will be and the sooner a better future can be sorted for those Palestinians who desire one.

That's not genocide my friend. Iran and its puppets Hamas and Hezbollah are preaching genocide and the "protesters" at American universities praising them are doing the same. (BTW - I support their right to do so. When they break a law in the process they should be jailed and face prosecution or, if foreign visitors, have their visas cancelled and be sent home.)

Last edited:
Genocide - "the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.
"a campaign of genocide"

What is happening in Gaza does not meet the standard definition and to conflate it as such is to do a disservice to the Israelis and also legitimize the anti-Israeli protesters who are in fact calling for genocide against the jews in Israel. What do you think "From the river to the sea!" really means?

What is happening in Gaza is the Israelis making goddamned sure that Hamas is finally eradicated and that whoever remains after will not continue the prior practice of building hiding places in and under civilian quarters and lobbing rockets into Israel on a daily basis. Does any right thinking person actually blame them? I sure don't. From most reliable reports the IDF has achieved a near 1:1 ratio in civilian vs. combatant casualties. That is unheard of. The USA was operating well over 10:1 civilian:combatant in places like Mosul and Fallujah. And we oh-so kind and gentle Americans are trying to hold Israel back? The quicker they finish the job, the less casualties there will be and the sooner a better future can be sorted for those Palestinians who desire one.
The first causality of war is truth. Israel is giving those numbers. There’s reports it’s been as high as 20:1 (cited below). There’s reports Israel is blocking humanitarian relief. Who do we believe? I suspect if we knew the facts for certain, we’d agree more than not.

And the Iraq war was a neocon mistake. If the Israeli's take-away from it was our tacit approval of the civilian/combatant ratio, then the protests are still warranted.

That's not genocide my friend. Iran and its puppets Hamas and Hezbollah are preaching genocide and the "protesters at American universities praising them are doing the same. (BTW - I support their right to do so. When they break a law in the process they should be jailed and face prosecution or, if foreign visitors, have their visas cancelled and be sent home.)
I’m not suggesting all the protesters have their heads screwed on straight. We agree they have a right to do so whether or not we agree with them, so long as they remain peaceful.

The first causality of war is truth. Israel is giving those numbers. There’s reports it’s been as high as 20:1 (cited below). There’s reports Israel is blocking humanitarian relief. Who do we believe? I suspect if we knew the facts for certain, we’d agree more than not.

Yeah - who do you believe? Hamas says the IDF has slaughtered 50k? 30k? They're all lying to one degree or another. The Israelis dropped leaflets before bombs early on. Hamas never did that. Hamas deliberately slaughtered (and tortured and raped first) civilians and planned it. Israel never did that. Hostages... War sucks. The objective is to break things and kill people. The sooner you make the other guy quit the less people die in the long run.

Hamas deliberately slaughtered (and tortured and raped first) civilians and planned it. Israel never did that.
I’m not so sure.

War sucks. The objective is to break things and kill people. The sooner you make the other guy quit the less people die in the long run.
This is objectively true, but not always moral. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’d rather die with a clean conscience than live with a guilty one. ☮️

Back