One of the coolest things I saw in media today

If the cool kids on campuses aaall the way over here in the US passionately support the savage attacks and taking/holding hostages on Oct 7th, what percentage of the cool kid "Palestinians" in Gaza? A large percentage, small, irrelevant? Just askin'.

I watched out of boredom and before Oct. 7 even happened…lol evena month before which I strange but on a whim) a documentary from 2019 about Gaza Strip and Palestinians. Maybe been called simply ‘Gaza’. But when that shit hit the news Oct 7 my first thoughts were, ‘What a shitty thing to do and this isn’t going to end well.’ Then retaliatory action by Israel began. Then it become mass destruction, notsomuch focusing on a a terrorist regime embedded in the area. Then it got to killing civilians; including women, children, and elderly. Now it seems anything that moves is a target including clearly marked aid convoys. That’s just wrong. And I’m not against Jews by ANY means, but I am against the Israeli regime and the hate they are creating for generations to come. I’m also against Genocide Joe who’s ‘powerful statements’ lol of restraint and methodology to our ally go laughed at by Netanyahu and the conservative parliament, and rightfully so. Put the ego aside and think like you are playing chess…this is bad strategy.

Yeah', what the hell...
Let Putin have Ukraine, Let China flood the world with Fentanyl and buy up American farmland, let Iranian terrorists have nukes, open all the borders, force the USA to quit using gas/oil and import all commodities...

What could go wrong?

And as for the protests, I’ve seen some nuts in media and there always will be wanderers just looking for a movement whether they understand or believe in it or not. But I am so fukking sick of hearing the term ‘anti-Semitic’ from a broad rush painting the protesters as anti-Jew. They are anti-Israel. Given the majority of Israel’s populous practices Judaism, but not all. From what I can tell of the protesting they are anti-Israel as I am right now. AFAIK there is not a nation called Jewtopia or Jewakistan. Jews are a religious believe and everywhere in the world. Why blemish the noble religious belief of Judaism by crying out people are anti-Semitic because they want the humanitarian gore to stop? I get that Jews are sensitive and with good right about the Nazi regime, but Netanyahu is doing the same thing by different means and methods. I really wish that Jews would stop their rhetoric against peaceful protesters and stop giving their whole religion/culture a bad name by basically (indirectly) supporting Israel’s actions. Grrrr

But yeah, protests that block highways and interrupt critical infrastructure, I don’t agree with that. And I CERTAINLY don’t agree with any threats of violence or hate against Jews. This should be angst and protest against the Israeli government, not against a peaceful religion/culture…and Vice-versa.

Yeah', what the hell...
Let Putin have Ukraine, Let China flood the world with Fentanyl and buy up American farmland, let Iranian terrorists have nukes, open all the borders, force the USA to quit using gas/oil and import all commodities...

What could go wrong?
Exactly!

*sigh*

Question: Is the U.S. the one and only country on this planet providing $$$ and weaponry to Israel and Ukraine? Politics and morality aside, the average taxpayer in the U.S. can ill afford funding unwinnable wars abroad.
Good point and absolutely not. For Ukraine sitch, Putin has stated he wants to restore lands formerly part of USSR and many of which, historically, were under Russian control or identified as such. If you did not watch the Tucker interview with him it is a good and informative watch. He is ruthless and clever and an exquisite liar…typical politician, right? But he was clear about his agenda though dodged direct questions about implementing it, same as when he invaded Ukraine. Ukraine should’ve joined NATO long before the conflict but did not. Belarus already supports and identifies with Russia/USSR. Serbia I believe does as well and some eastern major cities/territories in Ukraine. What the current situation needs is a mediator now to prevent an all or nothing outcome. That is a role the US has typically played. Biden seems like a likable guy but he has/is failing at being a strong authority figure for the United States. He’s just too soft and one cannot be holding that office. The United States stepped into the role of the undisputed superpower of the world, wanted or not. Now we are looking inadequate and weak. I believe this, and I’m obviously a big supporter of Trump, he is the only one on the Nov ticket that will be able to keep any of these conflicts from spiraling further out of control. He’s a schmoozer and a deal maker, and that is what both major conflicts lack right now. Taiwan is another animal but in the horizon. We, the U.S., acknowledged the PRC to govern Taiwan. Taiwan has become the abandoned step child and prospered, and now PRC wants to make good on the deal that put it under their control because it is a big, green financial emerald ripe for the taking. Before that they didn’t give a flying fluck. How to achieve a win-win? Hard negotiations.

Btw, do any other anti-Bidenites here imagine Joe, after a botched 2 min press statement, being whisked into the White House and immediately hooked to a dialysis machine for and hour then placed into a hyperbaric chamber for another 4 just to keep him (semi) functional? I’m semi-serious about this.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. Israel has sunk to their level. Hamas attacked Israel, yes, but Israel has been seen as the imperialist from day one.

I’m not claiming to have an answer, only my opinion that Israel does not have the moral authority to commit genocide, and protesting against Israeli genocide does not equal antisemitism or support of terrorism.
Well said

That's not genocide my friend. Iran and its puppets Hamas and Hezbollah are preaching genocide and the "protesters" at American universities praising them are doing the same. (BTW - I support their right to do so. When they break a law in the process they should be jailed and face prosecution or, if foreign visitors, have their visas cancelled and be sent home.)
First sentence is absolutely incorrect even by the definition you gave in the previous post to this one. But yeah, the core of Israel’s actions are not only making them look like a hypocrite (as said earlier, there are Christians and Islamic both living in Israel and Nazis specifically went after ‘Jews’ a targeted religious people, and their culture. But protesters for or against in the U.S. and elsewhere have no right to bring violence or disruption to communities they protest in. Most of them are young free-thinkers and their freedom of choice and right to opinion is what this great country was envisioned as (I believe). But we should never, EVER, from a governing or enforcement level, try to enforce or suppress the free right of speech, opinion, or peaceful protest.

The newest aid package includes $300 million for Ukraine to beef up its border security.....a shrinking border.
Perhaps it's time for Joe and Congress to construct an aid package that actually aids the U.S. infrastructure and border security.

Btw, if Harris (Biden on paper) wins in November I have vowed to reside outside of the U.S. and am committed to it. Either St. Thomas in virgin Isles, Guam, or American Samoa. There are residency time restrictions at least in Samoa but those can be gotten around and/or extended. All I need is a working internet connection and I can do my AutoCAD anywhere in the world. The beauty of IT. The downside is that my kids all live in Florida, but two are grown and in their own, the youngest is 18 next year and I can send them what they need from wherever I am.

The newest aid package includes $300 million for Ukraine to beef up its border security.....a shrinking border.
Perhaps it's time for Joe and Congress to construct an aid package that actually aids the U.S. infrastructure and border security.
The newest package signed by Biden today includes tens of billions IIRC. A few billion to Israel and I think some encumbered for Taiwan.

Now the thing about that, though I agree with Trump that it should’ve been a long term loan though they usually are in a way (with concessions) is that a good portion, especially to Ukraine, is to provide military weapons. Where are this developed and manufactured? Right here in the U.S.A. supporting American jobs. If I had discretionary cash I would’ve dumped it into our private company military weapons manufacturers.

Btw, if Harris (Biden on paper) wins in November I have vowed to reside outside of the U.S. and am committed to it. Either St. Thomas in virgin Isles, Guam, or American Samoa. There are residency time restrictions at least in Samoa but those can be gotten around and/or extended. All I need is a working internet connection and I can do my AutoCAD anywhere in the world. The beauty of IT. The downside is that my kids all live in Florida, but two are grown and in their own, the youngest is 18 next year and I can send them what they need from wherever I am.
Be careful saying things like that. Lots of people killed their credibility when they didn't leave in 2021.

Bored at night and having to constantly have media on, mostly documentaries these days, I came across Bizarre Food Andrew Zimmern lately and watched episode in Taipei last night. It was really cool seeing the culture that’s developed there, the art, the unbridled lifestyles of street vendors and patrons. If China (PRC) was legally granted and acknowledged the right to govern the Taiwan island, it’s kind of wrong for us to reneg on that agreement now they seem to want to pay attention to, and envelope it back into the main land. But that would really kill the vibe and artistic culture IMO. Negotiations can be a good thing before resorting to war and destruction of a really cool neo culture. We gave Mongolia and several Japanese occupied territories back to China in the Peace Treaty with Japan following their surrender in 1945. Surely China can remember that favor and not get to the point of who has the biggest balls sprawled out on the table

Now the thing about that, though I agree with Trump that it should’ve been a long term loan though they usually are in a way (with concessions) is that a good portion, especially to Ukraine, is to provide military weapons. Where are this developed and manufactured? Right here in the U.S.A. supporting American jobs. If I had discretionary cash I would’ve dumped it into our private company military weapons manufacturers.
See the problem with that is it is further evidence that wars are merely profiteering exercises for the rich shareholders and directors of the military industrial complex. War should not be profitable.

Back