OMG! WTF! I knew I was getting old but Gibson sure isn't!

It's not a guitorgan, but I like it. Mother of Toilet Seat save me. :D
OMG! guitorgan!

I haven't heard that mentioned in what ....... 40 years or so?

A shop I worked at carried them ...... they were kinda cool but WAY full of wires. And those segmented frets so each fret had 6 contact points. :eek:
Wow ....... I wonder if any of them still work.

I saw one in Mauldin, SC, working, about 2 yrs ago. :)

Also, its the name I've given my unit. ;) "Baby, you can play my guitorgan... " :lol:

Hey, I remember when peeps used to scoff at digital recording. :) Things change, things stay the same. :cool:

I saw one in Mauldin, SC, working, about 2 yrs ago. :)

:
That's way cool. I wasn't a good enough player to get anything useful out of them back then but the stores' owner was a bad-ass jazz guy and he did very cool things with it.

You know, this has become a familiar pattern:

Gibson releases a wild, new guitar.

Purist decry it. Loudly.

Repeat.

You know, this has become a familiar pattern:
Maybe on your planet.

Gibson releases a wild, new guitar.

Purist decry it. Loudly.

Speaking for myself....bullshit. I'm not "decrying" anything. I'm LAUGHING out loud. Gibson is the one making a big deal out of this guitars "analog" signal, which anyone with one freaking neuron between their ears knows is pure um...never mind. It doesn't matter. But just for the record..their marketing department must have hired the same people who marketed "soundproofing foam".

As far as being a purist. Hogwash. I use effects as much as anyone. Lot's of them. However, when it comes down to musicianship vs technology..I'll side with the guy playing hot bluegrass on a D28 any day of the week.

Maybe on your planet.

ps. The guitar is butt ugly. PERIOD

You know, you are right, in one respect- I should have put "purist" in quotes.

Decrying, delaughing, they are all the same thing!:D

And are you sure you are not a purist? Wikipedia defines it as ...one who desires that an item remain true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences, The Free Dictionary as someone who insists on great...correctness. Hey, man, be PROUD of what you believe in!:D

Seriously, dude, lighten up a bit, if you would. I see your point about this latest Gibson guitar, in fact, I pretty much agree- yet another marketing-driven, absurdly-priced, overly-complicated guitar, marketed to those with more money than talent, and probably more money than sense, too. I am WITH you, brother! But, really, it has become a pattern, kinda hard to deny that.

These things do serve one purpose, though, perhaps best summed up in The StevieB Theory of Yuppie Economics:

Yuppies, almost by definition, are people with more money then they deserve, or know what to do with. The rest of us have a moral imperative to separate them from as much of these excess funds as we possibly can.

A guitar that is "marketing-driven, absurdly-priced, overly-complicated, marketed to those with more money than talent," fits right in! :D

I can not begin to tell you how often I have found comfort in that concept, when learning about things like... Gibson Robot guitars! Feel free to take whatever comfort you can from it, if it works for you.

Back