OMG! WTF! I knew I was getting old but Gibson sure isn't!

RICK FITZPATRICK

:eek::eek::eek: I think it's time to quit playing "guitar". It's like "so out of date"

Gibson Guitar: Gibson Firebird X

Who needs to be a musician. Hell, ya don't even have to learn to tune anymore:rolleyes:

Now where did I put that Wes Montgomery LP I bought at the thrift store yesterday....:( I wanna hear some real guitar playing before the radio is saturated with..um..whatever you call it.:rolleyes:

The Robot Tuning stuff has been around a few years.

You want something really cool check out the Moog Lapsteel Guitar with the Paul Vo pickups and built-in Moog ladder filter.

The Moog Guitar

In about 20 years....this will be one of those eBay apparitions that no one wants to touch. :rolleyes:

Besides the ass ugly look...what kills me is how many times the use the words "pure analog"...but then go on to talk about ADC chips that convert it to digital. :D

There ought to be a consumer law against that shit.

Dude...it's a digital guitar.

No way man...it says "pure analog" in the manual.

:laughings:

I know...."Stairway to Heaven". :D

They should include programed licks from clasic songs...you just hit a button and then "air guitar" your way through the song. :laughings:

I know...."Stairway to Heaven". :D

They should include programed licks from clasic songs...you just hit a button and then "air guitar" your way through the song. :laughings:

man ...... sounds funny but a few years ago someone put out a 'licks' stompbox where you could choose pre-programmed licks and set them up to be triggered when you hit a particular note.
So you run up the fretboard and hit, say, a high A and that would trigger the lick to play!

:eek:

Besides the ass ugly look...what kills me is how many times the use the words "pure analog"...but then go on to talk about ADC chips that convert it to digital.

You took the words outa my mouth. I was going to comment on that myself..but I figured you would see it anyway. Unfuckingbelievable...ANALOG....

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!

... I know writing this I've signed my own death warrant but screw it. I hate gibson, always been a fender man, but ... its pretty. I always liked stranger and weird guitars just a little bit and this seems arty, I think the pure analogue thing is like calling rohypnol 'the non drowsy' drink spiker but hell it wins a point or two for beauty,

And in all fairness, when the electric guitar was first invented people had an issue with its shape the technology the tone etc. lets face it lads we all like whats familiar, but maybe look at this from point of view number 2, when we're rumaging around a music shop or fleabay or a garage sale in 20 years and spot one for €3.50 we'll take it, maybe not to play it, we could just rip out the humbuckers for that great idea of an elecrtic hammered dulcimer that could be the next big thing,

Anyway you may now attack with your best :)

(btw my electric is one of these babies Fender® Products
see what i mean about different from your standard strat or lp? :P)

... I know writing this I've signed my own death warrant but screw it. I hate gibson, always been a fender man, but ... its pretty.
I like its' looks too actually. I've had 3 real Firebirds and one of them was the 'reverse' shape like this one. I don't think the maple neck works real well though.

The shape doesn't bother me...it's all the colored buttons and that swirly mother-of-toilet-seat finish...and I never cared for the 3-bucker look.

The shape doesn't bother me...it's all the colored buttons and that swirly mother-of-toilet-seat finish...and I never cared for the 3-bucker look.
that middle pickup gets in my way! :mad:

I kinda like the perloid thing though ...... one of the earliest nice drum kits I ever saw in the 60's when I was getting started was a Ludwig set with that pearloid look and I've always had a fondness for it.

It makes the guitar look "plastic" to me...though I like the look on drum kits.
yeah, I can see that. It's definitely a cheesy look ......... I just like it because of that early memory during my formative years.
Just like I've always pulled for the Kansas City Chiefs because when I was a kid I liked the way their helmets looked ..... kids' stuff.
:D

Back