Okay, I don't normally do this...

TheRealWaldo said:
Let me know what ya got when yer around Chris!

W.
The tracks are recorded. I'm doing some "magic" right now with panning to fill out the chorus and to create that musical swell naturally...so gimme a few, lol. Magic takes time.

One file with all the guitar parts okay? Can I go ahead and EQ and stuff, or are you some kind of purist recording nazi that wants to do the whole damned thing, lmao.

At your service,
Chris

--edit--

Even though Reznor wrote it, it's a song I think I can do. I ain't no pro, and it's one of my favorite songs....

Chris, whatever you got, I'll deal with the best I can ;)

W.

Okay, I'm uploading it now. I encoded at 320, b/c I actually like the way it turned out, lmao.

There's no EQ or compression or even reverb...but listen to it up against the original before you start twisting the old flange knob, lol. :D :D

I'll post the link to my "other crap" page as soon as the upload is done. My upload bandwidth sucks...probably about :20 more minutes.

I was kidding earlier, btw - these are your guitars now, do with them whatever you want...have fun, and post the results!!!

Now git to singin', boy!!

Almost forgot

Don't try to figure out the BPM - there's not one as far as I can tell. It's close to 90, but varies, so what I did, instead of playing to a click track, I loaded the actual cash recording into the editor and played along with it...so it's a little more on the "loose" side than I'd like, but so is the original. :D

OOkay, I got the vocals recorded... Although I'm sure I could do a better job with proper equiptment, not to mention new vocal cords....

Now it's time to fill up the chorus build up... Any ideas?

W.

TheRealWaldo said:
OOkay, I got the vocals recorded... Although I'm sure I could do a better job with proper equiptment, not to mention new vocal cords....

Now it's time to fill up the chorus build up... Any ideas?

W.
Actually, I do have a couple of ideas. Lemme' work on it...Oh, I'm not sure how you're tracking, but did you look at the wave of that guitar track...lol. Looks like 2 loooong triangles - but actually, the original file looks like that too...so we're off to a good start.

I don't have a decent piano sound, but I think a similar effect can be had with some bizarre electric arpeggiation...I was actually gonna' do that anyway for grins.

I'm tracking with SF acid and Cubasis VST.... The only two decent applications I got...

I noticed, it's kinda cute how it works out actually ;)

I'm open to anything, as it's a cover, it doesn't have to be 'exact', in fact, I prefer if it's inventive!

W.

Back