Okay, I don't normally do this...

TheRealWaldo

But, I want to do a Johnny Cash tribute, only I can't play the tune I want to.

Does anyone wanna fire up a track of guitar for Hurt, and send it my way to attempt to do vocals?

W.

Anything for Waldo. I'm gonna' wait to see if somebody good responds before I do it though, so don't panic yet, lol.

Dunno, he might be working on it, but I haven't got a response ;)

I played with the intro, first vs., etc., and got the guitar for that, but need the chorus, blah blah

W.

Crap...sorry; I didn't realize there was a time limit.

Today's my birthday, so I have to clear out some cake from the "console," then...I'll track, lol.

But I have no idea how to send or receive mp3 files on the internet, so you'll have to bear with me (yes, that's a stalling tactic to buy some time that apparently doesn't exist).

Man, you really should have Hevy do this. I'll scratch something out, but have you HEARD him?

I vote HevyD...HE-VEY! HE-VY!! HEEE-VEEEEYYYYY!!!!

AND THIS may sound like an absurd question, but are you using a metronome? Any pesky BPM numbers I should be concerned with? lol....

well???

Okay, I'll just play it close to the Cash version.

(do it HevyD!!)

Why thank you. 34, going on 80...that's me.

Man, that piano HAS to be in there on Hurt, eh? If you haven't seen the video, you should, btw. It will creep your ass out so bad, you won't be able to record for awhile b/c you'll have to show your wif...oh wait...that's me.

Seriously, Kazaa the music vid for that tune...WOW... (I'm not a video guy, but Jaimee had already downloaded it, so I watched....WOW.

I'm a NIN, and a Cash fan, so I've seen 'em ;) To tell you the truth, this is one of my most favorite tunes, and has been for years....

Piano would be nice, but I don't got one no more... My keyboard was stolen along with the rest of my gear, and I haven't had a chance to replace that baby yet. Next year, or the next, I might have enough to get something.

I've got DavidK thinking about some strings for the chorus buildup though ;)

W.

I think it might be bed time for me.... If you're close to finished, let me know, and I'll stay up a little longer, otherwise, relax, have a beer for me, and we'll talk when I get another day off (might be tomorrow, they say it might snow!)

W.

Well you just can't rush magic

Sorry man...lmao. Typical - I get about a minute into a take, and the 3 year old comes barging into my "studio" because he needs juice...Wife slams cabinets...

I got one track done, but lemme' do the doubled guitar parts so that that weird C9th stuff will work.

Oh, and I had to restring the guitar, lol...not for MY crap, mind you...but this should sound decent.

Nothin's easy. Definitely have you something to work with tomorrow.

Night

Yeah, for a very green guitarist (heck, just started a few months ago, maybe 2 hours a week, no lessons, no books), that tab looked a little tough, lol

That's why I asked for the help...

Thx. muchly bud, talk on the morrow.

W.

Go Chris Go

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Seriously, Waldo's in GOOD hands.

Dan

Besides I'm still on the mend from my stroke a few weeks back.
I shouldn't even call it that but thats what my wife and the doc keep telling me. I had the absolute mildest form of it though and am definitely on the mend. Just those wicked headaches to deal with now. I get a kick out of the clinic though and hope to be posting originals again real soon.

Re: Well you just can't rush magic

chrisharris said:
Sorry man...lmao. Typical - I get about a minute into a take, and the 3 year old comes barging into my "studio" because he needs juice...Wife slams cabinets...

I got one track done, but lemme' do the doubled guitar parts so that that weird C9th stuff will work.

Oh, and I had to restring the guitar, lol...not for MY crap, mind you...but this should sound decent.

Nothin's easy. Definitely have you something to work with tomorrow.

Night

You are just tooo damn funny!!!! :)

No no wait, let Me do it...I'm not a very good guitarist, I don't know the standards by any means and I've never heard this song.

Pick me....

pick...

me :(

Kids, drugs are bad m'kay? :rolleyes:

I can't wait to hear the song though.:D

Lol, okay, so I only have to go into work for an hour or so today (it did snow), they need me to move trucks around and shit...

Let me know what ya got when yer around Chris!

W.

just a suggestion... why not do an older cash song, one that he wrote himself? i think that would be a better tribute than to cover a song that he covered.

Back