Okay... Give me dirt on Alesis and Behringer.

moskus

The Creator of Æ, Ø and Å
Well, I know the dirt on Behringer already. :D

To the point. I'm buying new monitors this/next week. And it's between these two:
Behringer THRUTHS: 5998 NOK = $860
Alesis Monitor One MKII: 4998 NOK = $714 (NB! On sale!)

I haven't heard the Alesis, and I don't know anything about them. Anybody got any tips?

Please don't say "Get this and this monitors". I can tell you I can't afford them here. ;)

Remember this is Norway and recording equipment is extremely expensive around here.

Blue Bear Sound said:
I honestly hope you don't buy either of them.... seriously....
Okay... so which do you suggest? (I should have known the name of your favorite monitors by now ;))

I use the Roland DS-90 and am happy with them. I know their limitations and my ears are already used to mixing with these monitors which ultimately is the ideal case scenario. They did cost over 1,000 the pair but that's just because in Costa Rica thigs are just as expensive as in Europe.

Carlos

Blue bear, whats wrong with the alesis mkII's ?

And what would you suggest for around the same price?

The Alesis MkII's are artificially bright and edgy. Not natural like a good monitor is.

The Behringers are midrangy. Good if you want to see what your mix sounds like on boom box speakers.

Bryan Giles

I Use Mackie HR824's

Well worht price if you ask me :)

If you can't afford the monitors that Bear suggested then find an old pair of Yamaha NS10's. They will work as good or better than any of the cheap pairs and they are guaranteed to go up in value.

I dunno, the behringer truth has been having some good reviews around.

I personally heard the Alesis and was not impressed. I prefer my Yamaha MSP5 better. :)

If I could start over, I'll look into KRK. :)

I had the alesis mkII's and they sucked. Now I have Event 20/20's and JBL 4406 and both of them are better by far.

Jeremy

Thank you all! :)

I would really like to hear the Events and Yorkvilles, but in this goddam country nobody sells them "because there's no marked for monitors". The few monitors (or recording equipment in general) around is extremely expensive because of the Norwegian Toll-laws (which is making importing monitors from the states a "don't even think about it"-thing).

AAAARGH! :mad:

moskus said:
Thank you all! :)

I would really like to hear the Events and Yorkvilles, but in this goddam country nobody sells them "because there's no marked for monitors". The few monitors (or recording equipment in general) around is extremely expensive because of the Norwegian Toll-laws (which is making importing monitors from the states a "don't even think about it"-thing).

AAAARGH! :mad:

looks like someone needs to plan a trip state side....ur Euro dollars would go farther here too

Blue Bear Sound said:
Yes... by the same people giving good reviews about Bellari mic pres! :p

;)

HEY ! I once had a Bellari dual Mic pre. my chain was ADK 5.1 > Bellari> Tascam TMD4000 XLR ( phanton OFF ).

Then All of my equipment was stolen. So after replacing everything except the Bellari, I ran my mic straight to the Tascam TMD4000 micpre with Phantom, and.........

Yeah, the Bellari sucked and I didnt even know it !!

At least it was a gift though. LOL
I do miss it's shiny precence in the RACK

Back to the post.. Man just get a pair of Yorkville YSM1s passives and call it a day.

Malcolm

Back