OK, so what was Greg's "crime" this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I used to hate him. And I do mean hate. I thought he was a mean-spirited, know-it-all, my way or the highway, bully of an asshole. Then something happened. It seemed like he learned how to be a human being, and totally changed. He still gave his opinions and stuck to them, but in a different way. I actually started to like the guy. I hope he hasn't reverted to his former self, an I hope he's not banned, or if he is, that he comes back. If not, I wish him well, and actually, I'm seriously starting to lose interest in this place myself.

I get what you mean. I always love his advice when it's stated straight up. Look through the MP3 clinic and his remarks are usually spot on. But it seems like Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde at times, like he's just a mean drunk or something...I've had my own run-in with his hard side, and after re-reading with a decent filter, I got what he was saying and it helped me a lot!

RAMI's got the right idea though. When you see fudge smeared all over the post, don't lick it off, challenge it. If someone always backs out of a challenge, they're probably not dealing straight. Even MW says some things that are helpful, but his insistence on off the wall, misleading terms and no tangibles leaves me wondering, and I'm sure leaves newbs confused. My form of challenge is to try to understand what he's actually meaning and re-phrase it so it's in understandable terms...not crystal and signal to background noise (which could be a very complex and good thing, if we're talking about clearing the eq path for the focus of the song)...

I hope he wasn't banned. He could be acerbic at times and off the chart, but if he was giving advice he was probably right on the money. There are a lot of people here who disagree with advice. The key is to try the advice and see if it works. I hope they let him come back and I also hope he lightens up a bit.
Rod Norman
Engineer

Greg was a total git to me until I actually started doing what this site is purported to be about; recording. As soon as I started doing that, he became the nicest, most helpful guy walking shoe-leather. He loves recording, playing and helping other people to do the same successfully. :)

Bubba po
School Science Technician.

Everyone knows Greg knew what he was talking about, but he was not tolerant of ignorant (or stupid if you wish), lazy, ...

I'm sure he's gonna need a hug when he gets back.
The meat world can be a frightening place.

:D

I think Gergs a good guy. He's like a big teddy bear but when someone posts stupid shit or is just too lazy, the teddy bear with cactus skin comes out.
I get it. I stopped answering noobie stuff that's been answered a hundred times.

I also heard that he likes to wear Batman underwear and dance the Rumba with high heeled tenny shoes.

(not actually verified....... yet)

:p

This place went downhill when they banned us from the cave...the admins always been pretty poor

I emailed Greg and he said hes gonna knife someone

when i was a kid i had every beatles album and nothing else

i was about 8 years old when i started out with let it be

i always liked the early stuff the best

ya' know ........ greg's a straight up guy.
If there's ANYone that'd come running to help me if I needed it, he's the guy.

I respect his talent and skillz and really like the dude.
Yeah, he can be too straight forward in his comments and in today's' namby pamby politically correct world a lot of people take that as aggressive and mean.
But he's just direct ......... he'd go way out of his way to help a friend and I'd do the same for him even though we've never met.

I get the feeling someone cried to Chater about something Greg said to them.......?

Yeah, who would do such a thing.....miro? :facepalm:

Anyway, thanks to the rest of you for the support and backhanded support. Doesn't matter though. I got banned for "derailing a thread" like threads aren't regularly derailed every single day by every single fucker in here. I didn't get any explanation. It wasn't my blunt nature, it wasn't me being caustic, it wasn't me beating lazy idiots over the head with simple common sense, I wasn't rude to the helpless n00bs. I didn't insult anyone. I didn't spam or post p0rn. I allegedly derailed a troll thread started by a troll. This site has a serious repeat offender troll/alias forum raid infection. Yeah, I'm the worst fucking thing that happens in here. I'm honest and transparent, I help people that are willing to do the work, I tell the truth, practice what I preach, I walk the fucking walk, and I back it up with tons of posted recordings. Oh the fucking horror!

It is what it is, I was out of town living the good life anyway.

In other news, I'm posting from a proxy because coincidentally, or not coincidentally, now that my ban has been lifted, I can't get a page to load through my usual internet connections. This site stalls out and won't load completely. Every site on the internet works for me, but not this one. But I see we have a new "thanks" function! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back