no more demos, now the real stuff

Hi

Well........

The guitar is overpowering the vox.....
The guitars also seems to be in the wrong places in the mix.....I would switch the slide track with the hard attack track...levels and placement...
the synth sounds.....not good.....is this where the bass is going?? the drums sound clear and well placed in the mix but, the overall tempo of the song seems to drag.....
The vox needs to be more prominent (as mentioned earlier)
I just could not understand the lyrics.......that may have nothing to do with the mix though...the "telephone" effect is cool but, again....I could not make out the words...

She sure is pretty though....ya know?

take it easy,
Joe

You mean I should make it more conventional and boring?
The synth is a scratch bass, you were right.

Nice vibe you have going on here. The bass added on this will definitely give it the punch that it needs.

I like the drum sound you have on this. The vocals are good, but I couldn't understand a few of the lyrics. I like the background vocals that come in. What is kind of strange is that the vocals seemed to be mixed very out front, but they are still a little hard to make out -- not sure why -- :confused: -- The guitars sound like they may come up a bit in the mix -- imhop --

This is an interesting tune. A lot of different things happening and I like the blues riff that comes in at the end (good surprise there ... oops, I might have ruined it) :)

Thanks for the listen.

Well recorded. I thought the bass thing was cool (but that might wear thin after a while). I liked the guitars. Good tone. I liked the scraping sound on them - good effect.

She has a good voice. I didn't notice any pitch issues this time. My biggest problem was that she seems to spend a lot of effort trying to sound sultry, but she WAY overdoes it. I can't understand a thing because she's trying to make everything so "breathy." If it were me, I'd tell her to just sing and stop acting so cool. Those high-pitched squeals she did every once in a while were annoying.

But what do I know? Am I too harsh here? Sorry if I was.

Trip...

the singer has a lot of potential. the song has a good groove to it. maybe a bit long though. interested to hear the bass part. the guitar samples (i assume they are samples) are pretty neat but give themselves away after I hear them more than two times (eg. the guitar scratch)

the singer has a nice voice but i want to hear it. it's sounds cool to do that stacatto type singing for just a little bit but when it goes on for five minutes i just get annoyed.

actually the whole song seems to hold something back and never really release it. maybe that's what you're going for but i was waiting the whole time for the song to open up a bit.

i'm not trying to be harsh, just seems like a lot of potential that never really gets off the ground and flies like it should.

:) Sorry track, I moved it - it was for the CD, still working on it.
Just posted it to see some comments, which is always both cool and funny. (Its not my music - I just record it)
Some comments:
- Some people seemed to like the synth bass - which was played by me, badly, not 100% in time, waiting for the real thing, and definately a "spoiler". The only thing that was badly done.
- The Guitar samples? There wasn't one sample, all played, and very well played.
- There were no effects on the rythm guitars, but there were a series of effects on the guitar "scratches" - different ones for each scratch.
- Nobody commented on the drums, which were played extremely well and totally in the pocket by Aynsley Dunbar, without question one of the top rock drummers. I was really waiting to see if anyone would say something about them, but alas......

I listened to this last night. If you want a comment on the drums:

Swinging and / or straight, make up your mind! Would be fine, but neither worked very well. Timing was off bigtime. Certainly not the drummers fault, (being who he is, if he really is playing on this track) the song may not be all that inspiring to play to? Ces't la vie.

The song was bland though.

I thought the singer was horrible.Didnt you post another song of hers a little while back?I dont think 10 people in the world would buy anything this chick sings.

I know you just record her but damn.....she's horrendous.

sjoko2 said:
:) - Nobody commented on the drums, which were played extremely well and totally in the pocket by Aynsley Dunbar, without question one of the top rock drummers. I was really waiting to see if anyone would say something about them, but alas......

I did....

Joro.........point taken, but I was looking for some comments on the playing.
Kramer - I'm really sorry about your problems:D

sjoko2 said:

Kramer - I'm really sorry about your problems:D

No problems here dude.;)What are you recording on?Some type of 4-track cassette?tascam?yamaha?Doesnt sound bad for something like that but that singer sucks the big one.

there are no songs listed under singles...care to direct link?

i dont know who that picture is there..but i like the song already!

Kramer said:

No problems here dude.;)What are you recording on?Some type of 4-track cassette?tascam?yamaha?Doesnt sound bad for something like that but that singer sucks the big one.
Naah, nothing quite as fancy as that, as no doubt you could hear

Emeric said:
I listened to this last night. If you want a comment on the drums:

Swinging and / or straight, make up your mind! Would be fine, but neither worked very well. Timing was off bigtime. Certainly not the drummers fault, (being who he is, if he really is playing on this track) the song may not be all that inspiring to play to? Ces't la vie.

The song was bland though.

LOL Love the comment about the timing -------- which is absolutely spot-on in the pocket, with Aynsley playing on a click.

Back