NEWBIES - THE ART OF MASTERING YOUR SONGS (an introduction)

just like in school...i was with you for about 6 or 7 minutes and then i noticed the chick in the cubicle next to me at work and forgot what i was reading...good stuff from what i read though. and i agree with blue bear about being objective.....I'm over critical for about 2 hours into it and then I'll get pissed off or realize its too much of a hassle to go back and change something so i just leave it in there and hope people dont notice it. I'll come back to it later on and I'm ready to go back to fixing the mistakes... but someone elses mixes I'm able to stick with it for hours on end without blowing up

Ah this seems like a perfect thread to post this in. As you all know I just now got into recording. I have a Fostex x-28, and have everything working smoothly now (i didnt have an instruction manual for it.)

My question is, when I plug in my amp directly to my recorder, it sounds awful. Is this because of the recorder, or should I use microphones instead? When I adjust the settings, etc.. it just sounds too noisy, like it's picking up tons of amp noise or something. Should I invest in a good studio microphone? And what would you suggest if that's my problem?

No that was a stupid thread to post that question in.

First try the search to see if somebody else already have asked your question. If not, you create a NEW thread.

Remember, there are no stupid questions.

Just stupid people. :D

To my ear there is way too much reverb on the vocals... Though kind of cool Eno/Bowie sound on market sal...

Back