New Song - Live cut

Nothing wrong with the guitar sound...it fits the tune. Voice is fine man...a little hard to make out some words that come out during certain drum hits. Gotta get the vocals up a little to make that more clear. Maybe compress them a bit more, and then bring the volume up a bit. Drums and bass sound great also. Nice tone on the bass.

Song is pretty cool. I like it.

I like it V ~

I agree that the vox might be a tad low but I am listening in headphones, so not sure how accurate it is. I like the blend of you and your GF.

Keep up the good work ;)

Nice....It's very powerfull. Music sounds awesome man...tons of power there. Drums sound great, and really drive the song well. Lot's of bass sound...really fits well. Guitar is cool....I wouldn't mind the vox up a small amount, but that's just me...I sort of hear this with the vocals out front, and that may not fit in reality. Solo fits great.

Excellent man...

Hey Space Daddy !! I still like this song...real well. I have been listening now for ..oh...about 10 listens. Your vocals are sounding great Ron ! It is also great that your girlfriend is tight with you on the backups.

I like the guits ...delay? Love it. Has drive and energy. The only thing I really have anything to nit about, is that is seems to be a bit left panned volumized. :D I would like to hear the axes on the right pan up a bit. They sound really good, and I wanna hear em!!!...In fact I think you could crank em quite a bit in the little solo's all the way through. Maybe it is just me.

Anyway...sounding good Space !!! :cool: :D

Jammin song! I listened at my gf's house on crappy speakers built into the monitor, but it still sounded good, thanks for sharing!

I agree with supercreep about developing the groove on the slower bits - heaps of potential.
The lead vocals are great.
The song reminds me a little of a defunct Australian band called The Purple Avengers - nice psych edge to ROCK.
I look forward to the "recorded" version.

Thanks guys for the great feedback!!

Dog: Yea, I'm still very self concious about my vox so I tend to always bury them. I guess that just makes it worse really huh? :o :D

True: What your hearing is whats intended. I have the right guitar just over there for some balance, but the one on the left is supposed to carry "the Riff". As the guitar player, I don't want to hog the attention and volume. I like the drums and bass really drive most of the song. I could bump that lead part some though.

Nuke: Thank YOU for listening. I''d be 100% lost if it wasn't for the help I've got here.

Rayc: Actually, the last version I posted just above is the lasted actually "Recorded" version of the song. Is that the one you listened to? Or the one on the first page?

Thanks everybody!!

Listening to all three mp3s in order of posting. I love the energy of this live one!
...Kay, on the second one now, and it's all the same energy, better mix... this actually reminds me a lot of mewithoutYou and a little bit of Project 86... heh. Definitely enjoying it.
On the third one now. Nicely balanced. This is an awesome song, and a great recording! I like your drummer a lot. Hehe. And the guitars.
-Zac

VSpaceBoy said:
Hey gang, I have this new song that I wanna bounce off you. This is a live cut after about a week of rehearsing the song so its sloppy etc.

Spin the Prism

Any thoughts on the:
Song
Mix
or anything at all.

Thanks for the (honest) feedback! :cool:

Wow! Wish I could get that good of a live recording. I prefer to record everything at once, but I lack the space.

Sounding pretty tight with a couple exceptions for a week old song.

Mix sounds nice to me;)

F.S.

zacanger said:
Listening to all three mp3s in order of posting. I love the energy of this live one!
...Kay, on the second one now, and it's all the same energy, better mix... this actually reminds me a lot of mewithoutYou and a little bit of Project 86... heh. Definitely enjoying it.
On the third one now. Nicely balanced. This is an awesome song, and a great recording! I like your drummer a lot. Hehe. And the guitars.
-Zac

Hey Zac, thanks alot for the listen brother!!

Freudian Slip said:
Wow! Wish I could get that good of a live recording. I prefer to record everything at once, but I lack the space.

Sounding pretty tight with a couple exceptions for a week old song.

Mix sounds nice to me;)

F.S.

Thanks Man!!

But did you listen to the one, just a few posts above your post? I redid a (home)studio version of it. Thanks!

VSpaceBoy said:
UPDATED: Spin the Prism

Better? Worse?

I'm not the fondest of my singing, or the guitar tone.. but hey it'll have to do.

Thanks!!

Hey Space,

I agree with Dogman, just bump the vocals up a db or two. The mix overall sounds a tad lacking in the lows (to me anyway)????
I would like to hear a little more bottom end, (100khz)?? whether it be in the bass or the kick drum. That is the only part in the mix that draws my attention.

Nice work Ron. :) :)

Gorty said:
Hey Space,

I agree with Dogman, just bump the vocals up a db or two. The mix overall sounds a tad lacking in the lows (to me anyway)????
I would like to hear a little more bottom end, (100khz)?? whether it be in the bass or the kick drum. That is the only part in the mix that draws my attention.

Nice work Ron. :) :)

Sweet, thanks for the listen GORT!

VSpaceBoy said:
Thanks Man!!

But did you listen to the one, just a few posts above your post? I redid a (home)studio version of it. Thanks!

No I didn't see that I will have to listen later.

F.S.

Back