New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

New to the forum; but not new to recording in various forms.

Now that I'm retired I found the time to focus on creating and recording music. Although 'formally trained' (7 years of classical piano as a child) I've also played trumpet and drums along the way. Now it's all keyboard-based. I have a Korg M1 and a Korg SP250, along with a Korg Kontrol 49 to go with my Korg TR Rack, Yamaha Motif Rack, and Roland Sound Canvas SC50 sound modules.

Currently fighting noise issues with PC recordings; but I think I have a handle on it (and an M-Audio Delta 1010LT coming).

Looking forward to learning more here, and perhaps even providing some alternative insight!

Hi folks, i'm new to the forums. I'm a vocalist from the UK looking to get a little more involved in home recording. Pleased to meet you :)

Hello all, my name is Robbie. I have been browsing the forums for a while. I've been playing guitar since I was in my teens. Played bass in a few bands over the years due to the lack of local bass players in the area. I also became the guy in charge of the PA through out my endeavors. I currently play guitar in my friends country band, not the traditional stuff. But I get to bastardize it with rock n' roll licks and what not. I have a Tascam 4-track which has a Dr. Rhythm and Korg MS2000b connected to it and a 688 I use for demos. I am also wrong handed. Since joining, I have already gotten a ton of useful help and knowledge and only hope that I can contribute to the cause.

Hey Guys :) I am fairly new to these forums. I am a Greek, Canadian born Hip-Hop Artist. I Record , Mix and Master all my music. Glad I found these forums and I can be apart of them, there is a lot of useful information I always found on here also

Hey Everyone,

Al here - joinining the HR forum with the intension of learning from other music makers and sharing my experiences. I enjoy going to live gigs, hanging out with friends and experimenting with sounds. Still not certain if I have the avatar option available for me, which I would use to show off my latest pieces of equipment.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey Everyone,

Al here - joinining the HR forum with the intension of learning from other music makers and sharing my experiences. I enjoy going to live gigs, hanging out with friends and experimenting with sounds. Still not certain if I have the avatar option available for me, which I would use to show off my latest pieces of equipment.

Hope everyone is doing well!

You can post an attachment. No custom avatar until after 50 posts. You can post link to website in your sig.

Welcome to hr man! :)

Hi Guys - I'm Kastehvalen

I took up recording and mixing a few years ago mainly because me and my bands has spend to many money in studios - and still don't have the results that we liked. Too little time and too little control over the process.

I'm using Pro-tools (with a PC not Mac ;O). Using Behringer to track drums (because I still not have the money for multi channel AD/DA or preamps) everything else is tracked through the Mbox (2) (because i find the AD converter and preamps way better in this than the behringer - and we don't need more than 2 channels for any other instruments)

Mics used differs from recording to recording - but at the moment I'm very happy with the combination of SM57 and E606 for guitar recordings (recorded separatly)

The best thing actually in our setup is our newly build recording box that we use for both instruments and vocals. This ensures a very dry and direct sound which makes the whole mixing process so much nicer and easier.

I hope that my many hours of trial and error can help others in this forum - and of course I hope that You guys can help me save some of this trial and error time in the future.

and then I'll post songs in the mp3 section. i'm listening to one that I will review in a bit. Have to keep busy with this though.

Back