New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks for the Welcome! Many songs I like but have been recently doing a Folk Rock style. You know... the kind where
a fella can take one guitar to a party and create some silly fun. Involve as many as I can and get 'em all to sing with me!
What really is a wonder is right out of the blue one person will sing along and their voice will ring out over everyone... a
gifted voice. But they have zero interest in singing!? Its a wonder. I struggle and practise for years to be listenable.. ha.
That's great! Look forward to discovering some of your work!

seems like i introduced myself in the wrong spot.
talking about a false start.
well here i go again. This time in the right place i hope:
new member here.
name is Roland. Not a bad name for a piano player i guess.
No connection to the multinational corporation.
Don't even use their gear.
Been in and out of the music world for a long time. Too long I sometimes think, but it is a hard monkey to get off your back.
Mainly here to get some feedback on stuff I am working on at the moment.
Happy to give feedback as well if I feel qualified to do so.

Cheers

Roland

Hi Gang.. Just joined to comment on a thread regarding Firewire devices, and thought maybe I should say hello... From Muskoka in Ontario, Canada.

I'm in the process of putting a project studio together, for the 2nd time. My first go at that was in the late 90's and I was using a Sek'd ARC88 to get my Yamaha RM800-24 into my PC. At the time I was using a version of Cakewalk (when it actually WAS Cakewalk). Life happened, I moved and sold a few things off, including the RM800.

I'm slowly getting things set up again, this time using a pair of MOTU 828 MK II's (FW), some outboard gear, and today I'm picking up a Mackie 8bus 24, with meter bridge. I do monitoring on a pair of Spirit Absolute 2s powered by a Yamaha A100a Stereo power amp. I still keep Sonar Producer 8 installed on my PC, only for accessing older projects. I am in the process of getting up to speed on Studio One 6, which seems to handle everything I want to be able to do.

I use some VSTs for synth tracking via an external USB (M-Audio Fast Track Pro) on a Win 7 laptop running Live Professor as a host. My synths are a Behringer UMX610 (controller only), a Yamaha DX7, and an AKAI AX80. The UMX610 and the AX80 are part of my live rig, the DX7 doesn't leave the house. I have the usual compliment of Les Pauls, a Strat, a Godin, and a Takamine for acoustic parts.

I am also a grad from the Recording Workshop in Ohio....

Looking forward to learning some new techniques... the old dog, new tricks. LOL

Steve

Greetings all, from Philly, PA.
This is going to be my second attempt at a simple home recording setup. Perhaps this time, I’ll use this resource and actually get somewhere.

Been playing (mainly bass) professionally for about 35 years, and have been wanting to do this to some degree all along. No marriage to any particular style or that sort of thing, just sincere, creative, interesting and well executed music. First post asking for advice is soon to follow. Cheers!

I'm new in the sense that I've been away for more than a decade or so and completely forgot my log in details. Got a question though- How do I turn off the email alerts that I keep getting? I've unchecked all the email alert preferences that I could find. Guess I'm missing something?

How do I turn off the email alerts that I keep getting? I've unchecked all the email alert preferences that I could find. Guess I'm missing something?
Whatever threads you contributed to when emails were enabled will continue.
I am stuck with this too, but fortunately I disabled emails pretty quickly, so I only get them for a couple of threads.
Any threads you comment on after disabling emails, do not generate them.
Eventually threads will die off, and emails will reduce.

Hey, I’m trying to build up a humble recording set up in Tennessee to produce and release my own music, and hopefully eventually help others do the same. Ive played guitar for half my life, and have been decent enough a rhythm player. Leads are fun to create, but I’m not exactly a virtuoso. I played in bands mostly as a drummer before 2020. I can fumble my way around bass, and I’m currently trying to learn piano and singing. I’ve written hundreds of songs, and even a couple good ones! I hope to lean on the expertise here to resolve some questions I have, and learn as much as I can!

Hey, I’m trying to build up a humble recording set up in Tennessee to produce and release my own music, and hopefully eventually help others do the same. Ive played guitar for half my life, and have been decent enough a rhythm player. Leads are fun to create, but I’m not exactly a virtuoso. I played in bands mostly as a drummer before 2020. I can fumble my way around bass, and I’m currently trying to learn piano and singing. I’ve written hundreds of songs, and even a couple good ones! I hope to lean on the expertise here to resolve some questions I have, and learn as much as I can!
Hey there @Planet Head! Feel free to share the songs you've written in the songwriting forum :thumbs up:

You look like a budding all-rounder, Planet Head.
Welcome.

Planet Head, we're in a bit of a "golden age" for building a nice home recording setup. For the price of a 32KB Apple ][+ and floppy disk drive in 1980 (~$1600), you can get a powerful laptop with 16GB of RAM, 500GB SSD, a couple TB backup drive, a 4 or 8 channel audio interface, several good microphones, with stands and cables and a DAW with lots of usable plug-ins! Just add talent and you are on your way.

You've picked a good time to tip your toes in the water. Welcome to HR!

Planet Head, we're in a bit of a "golden age" for building a nice home recording setup. For the price of a 32KB Apple ][+ and floppy disk drive in 1980 (~$1600), you can get a powerful laptop with 16GB of RAM, 500GB SSD, a couple TB backup drive, a 4 or 8 channel audio interface, several good microphones, with stands and cables and a DAW with lots of usable plug-ins! Just add talent and you are on your way.
It's kinda crazy, but that's so true! What's harder to obtain is the talent to put into that mic and through the cables, interface, DAW, and plugins!

Hello everyone. I am a senior, and have been a amature musician having gigged since highschool..back in the late 60's. I am still gigging about 1 or 2 times a month. I like and play all gener. I recently bought a interface, and am going to try to learn from the pros here.. so i know im going to ask some questions that the answers may be common knoledge to a lot of the pros here..so please be patient...thanks ill be posting soon

Hello everyone. I am a senior, and have been a amature musician having gigged since highschool..back in the late 60's. I am still gigging about 1 or 2 times a month. I like and play all gener. I recently bought a interface, and am going to try to learn from the pros here.. so i know im going to ask some questions that the answers may be common knoledge to a lot of the pros here..so please be patient...thanks ill be posting soon
Welcome! We're lucky to have quite a few ole time rockers around here -- not to mention "those who wish they were" -- so you'll feel right at home!

Greeting All, I am new here, currently residing in Grand Blanc, MI. I'm new to home recording so I ask for your patience and expertise. I have two (2) TEAC recorders, a 3440 & a 3340 (the 3340 which I will be tearing apart soon for maintenance), a TEAC DNR 80 & 180, a TEAC model 2 mixer. I'm looking for some guidance in setting up this equipment to do some analog recording, and hoping that the knowledge here will help me do just that.

Hi. Sturgeon's Lawyer is my nom d'internet, and can be found in several places. It refers to Sturgeon's Law: which, if anyone cares, is "99% of everything is crap." (Theodore Sturgeon probably used a stronger word.) I seek the elusive 1%.

I've come here seeking information...information...information.

Back