New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello all.
Wonderful looking forums. Reading through all the posts, looks like there are some knowledgeable folks here. I'm here to learn.

thanks (y)

Aloha, I am Dave from Arizona and stoked to be here. I was looking to ask questions regarding analogue recording and hear through the grapevine that this was the place to do so. Hope everyone is well and making sick tunes!

Hello. I'm Jon, and I'm a software tester in real life.

I spend my weekends happily writing and mixing my own appalling take on electronica, and getting nowhere with it other than a sense of great personal contentment.

I use LMMS, which is fine for me (no, really), and have just swapped my old Acorn 2-octave controller for 4-octave Nektar Impact LX-49+

Hi Jon. Never heard of LMMS.....until now.
Have tested a lot of software myself.
Hi Raymond,

LMMS looks a bit clunky compared to other DAWs, but it's well-supported, does the job, and comes with loads of plugins including lots of Calf effects. And, of course, you can add your own downloaded VST instruments and effects.

I'm a kindergarten teacher living in Taipei (台北) and I'm happy to be part of this group. It seems that there's so much I could learn, and I hope to someday be able to share this information with others.

When I first began recording demos for my bands, I'd had great success with USB condenser mics, but due to the acoustic deficiencies of my current apartment, shared with my girlfriend, I decided a dynamic cardioid mic would be the way to go.

Anyway, my name's Tyler and I hope everyone has had (or is having) a wonderful day! Thanks again for allowing me to join!

謝謝!🙏

Welcome Tyler. I saw your message about the MV7, however it sounds as if you are using Apple and I know nothing about Apple setups. Hopefully one of the other Apple users might be able to help you.

I'm a new member except I first posted here about 10 years ago. Even so, I'm still a noob when it comes to recording. I got sidetracked back then and went on to do other things, and now I'm back here to learn about recording again, albeit with different equipment this time. I did read some of the stickies and upon a recommendation found there, have just ordered two books off of Amazon, "Understanding Audio: Getting the Most Out of Your Project or Professional Recording Studio" by Daniel M. Thompson and "Critical Listening Skills for Audio Professionals" by F. Alton Everest. I hope they'll be of help.

I'm a CAD designer for a civil engineering firm, and I've been in and out of bands since the mid 80's. I've finally put that all behind me. I find my life very much less complicated and relaxing without it. But I have written several songs over the years and my goal is to make decent demos of them, even if it's just for my own pleasure, and to share with friends and family, and former bandmates with whom I collaborated.

I look forward to seeing you all in the forums.

Hi there, everyone. The name's Beverly, but I usually just go by Bev. I'm fairly new to music as far as creating and recording but I am currently going to school for Audio Production. I thoroughly enjoy hip hop, metal, rock, and R&B, especially Japanese hip hop and rock genres but I do have a little taste for everything. Thanks for having me! :D

New guy. Name is Mike. Musician, Songwriter, Author, and a lover of old electronics. Still trying to figure out multi track software.
Thanks for the newbie trophy!

Greetings! As a teenager, I worked at broadcast stations and a recording studio as an engineer -- in the 1960's. My professional career took me in other directions, but now retired. Recently had fun restoring a vintage 1971 Teac tape deck (story here). I'm looking for advice, but I'll ask in the appropriate subforum. Thanks for letting me join this group!
Mark

Last edited:
My goal here is I want to declare my work goals and then self-report my progress. I have other social groups that distract from this mission, so maybe joining a group for this mission will help distract my mind in this direction.

Starting March I'll post my first work goals.

Last edited:
New guy here from Idaho. I'm retired. I am using Presonus Studio One Professional, Sony Vegas, Sound Forge on Windows 10 Pro and a very old version of Cakewalk on Win '95.
~Bob

Hello!

I'm Stefan Lucian Cicu and i love all sorts of metal. I play drums in the band Ashen Cycle and i also mix our own stuff.

Happy to be here!

Rock on! \m/

Hi! I'm Glenn from N.B., Canada... I work at a mundane job at a university, but have a passion for music and sound and want to learn alongside people in the same boat. I make music, but my mixes are muddy or not-so-dynamic so am putting in an effort to learn more and am starting to watch various youtube vids everyday and looking for new resources on anything from mixing to mastering to figuring out the infuriations of being new to DAWs even though I've played guitar for a few decades. I was raised by wolves - punk rock wolves - but am open minded to most varietals of music. Nice to meet you all! This is great!

Back