New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome Phil. I just looked at the LA Film School website. I see you can pay them in person, or you can pay them online.
I wonder what percentage of their customers never get a job in film or music production.
What are their degees worth?
You can get an education by just buying a DAW and using all the features in it.
If you stick around here, you will pick up useful info. I have.
Honestly anyone can be self taught. I think the school environment provides structure that a lot of us need as creatives. Also, there are a huge amount of resources for us there including setup with a good home recording package. Look forward to learning with yall.

Whaddup people?? My name is Pehr Lund. I have been a hobbyist in the music industry. Garage bands, home production, guitar etc. I want music and art to be my vessel for communication because I have always felt deeply most songs I listened to. I am in the LA Film School studying Music Production. I was instructed to find a forum to get involved with that would help me grow and learn. I have only looked over the Newbie Introduction section. However from what I see there's a bunch I can learn from yall. After I write this post I am going to look around a bit. Thank you in advance for what we will be sharing.

Equipment
Arturia Minilab MK 2
Sony Headphones
Hp Pavillion x360 convertible
Mirfax audio Microphone

That's the story of my life, AuldDog.
Welcome! You've come to the right place.
Nobody is ever going to hear some of my early cringe-worthy attempts at recording songs.
But overall, all the occasional bits you get right add up, and you gradually acquire some ability, and even confidence.
You can be creative at any budet level.
So true Raymondo 👍 I created some decent demos on a Yamaha analogue multitracker back in the early 90s at music college in my student flat. I had a little Korg X5 synth which I also used for the drum patterns and ran a hacked version of Cubase on an Atari with no HDD. The software would crash constantly, it drove me mental! 😅 I used a little practice amp with a Boss ME6 guitar floor pedal board and only had 1 SM58 to mike the guitar amp up and use for the vocals. I had to use the reverb from the ME6 for the vocal track. Still have all of that gear. When I look at all of the studio equipment I have now I look back on those days with great fondness at how the hell I managed 🥰🥰😉👍👍

Honestly anyone can be self taught. I think the school environment provides structure that a lot of us need as creatives. Also, there are a huge amount of resources for us there including setup with a good home recording package. Look forward to learning with yall.
You hit the nail on the head mate!!😉👍When I was starting out there was no web or Google, I had to go to college 30 years ago. Now you can be self taught learning from others on great forums like this one.
Take care dude 😉🥰👍👍

Whaddup people?? My name is Pehr Lund. I have been a hobbyist in the music industry. Garage bands, home production, guitar etc. I want music and art to be my vessel for communication because I have always felt deeply most songs I listened to. I am in the LA Film School studying Music Production. I was instructed to find a forum to get involved with that would help me grow and learn. I have only looked over the Newbie Introduction section. However from what I see there's a bunch I can learn from yall. After I write this post I am going to look around a bit. Thank you in advance for what we will be sharing.

Equipment
Arturia Minilab MK 2
Sony Headphones
Hp Pavillion x360 convertible
Mirfax audio Microphone
If you are studying motion picture music production then my advice to you as an oldie is to study the work of a guy called Hans Zimmer. He totally revolutionised the way that film score was created and introduced the tecnology.... synthesisers, sampling, use of computing and real time editing in the way we take for granted today. Before Hans came along it was all orchestra arrangement based. A visionary and musical genius IMVHO 😉👍

Hello!

I've just registered today as, following a few difficult years, I figure I need to get a hobby to redress an increasingly problematic work/life balance issue.

Being an unimaginative sort, I've decided to revisit my younger days and so I'm attempt to learn some instruments and create a small recording set-up.

I'm hoping to read around the forums, ask questions on everything from practice routines, recording techniques and equipment requirements to VSTs and MIDI production.

Hope to learn a lot, and if I can get even one song recorded which doesn't sound like an absolute embarrassment I'd be happy [although I accept I'm going to have embarrassing attempts to get there ;-) ]

Thanks!
Important thing is never give up. Many a time with technical issues in respect of music equipment I cant work it out and get despondant. I am a decent musician but hopeless with tech. Sleep on it and regroup your thoughts, there are great forums like this one and many others where there are great people who are happy to share their knowledge and advice mate. 😉🥰👍
Take care 😉👍

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
Hi arcedeko, pleased to be here.
The name is Steve Smith or Smithers as my pals call me. Unfortunately not the famous drummer although I am a big Journey fan. I have made a number of posts and have met some great people already and have probably bored them to death with my OCD and comments. Just want to say that this is a great forum thanks👍
I am retired recently and set up all of my guitars and keyboards and recording equipment in my music room after years of storage. It is a lot of fun now.
I am as old as time itself but still young at heart. I played in various local bands on guitar, keys and vocals back in the 80s and 90's. I studied at college in the early 90s for a music production diploma and hoping to get back into it now.
I love the old analogue media and vinyl formats and still use cassettes and turntables but I have digital equipment and MIDI stuff from the 90's and have a DAW on my PC which I hope to be able to learn and get some advice from the younger generation here.

Happy to share any experience and knowledge I can offer and learn a lot in return.
Thanks 😉👍

Hi! I am called Marco, but my friends call me Mark. Looking forward to learning as much as I can about my DP-01FX/CD and home recording.
Good to have you here Marco 👍
I am a newbie like yourself and have only joined a few weeks ago, it has been a brilliant help to me so far.
There are pro and retired pro guys who can help you in all genres of music and recording from 60's tape decks to most modern PC based DAW.

Its a great forum 😉
Best regards Marco

Smithers 😄👍

Hello, everyone. I'm Charlie. I have been various things in the technology arena over the past 20 something years. My current full time job is third-party systems support and database administrator. I have always loved music since childhood but never really got into it. Now I'm over 40's and figured I should give my childhood passion another go-around and see what happens. I will need a lot of help from this community. I'm looking forward to be reading a lot of good things from this group.

You'll get help here 2Charlie.
Have you decided on an instrument?
After I turned 40, I turned to making music, with a passion.
It gives you another stream to work on, and unlike computers, everyting you learn and practice is cumulative. You can only get better.
With computers and software, a few years down the line, someone rips out all your work, and installs their new version.
Whole chunks of my working life have been ripped out and discarded. Makes you wonder why you bothered.
Welcome!

Been recording for a long time and mainly use Reaper. But, there are times I want a simpler operation and bought a R20.
so far it’s been fun on 3.0. Waiting for Bluetooth accessory for my IPad.

Hi all. I have only been a member here for a few weeks but I have already learned a lot from this group. I am primarily a singer songwriter, getting back into it after quite a few years. I've recorded in a studio a bunch of times, but this is my first time on the other side of the desk (except for some recordings I made where I bounced tracks between two cassette decks!). I want to create demos for booking shows, and ultimately material for wider release. I am using a Tascam DP-03 that I recently bought off of Fbook Marketplace. I am using the internal mics for the time being, since I am focusing my energy on getting up to speed on what this machine can do. Ultimately, I will get a stand-alone mic(s), but for now the internals are surprisingly decent.

Welcome Ghost Lemon.
I started with 3 cassette decks running in parallel, and maybe staying in sync for a few minuits.
The DP-03 should be a good experience.

Hi, I'm Mark and I record at home. I actually think I was a member of some form of this in the mid 90's. It looks to be part of that because I see people talking about "Dragon". Anyway, I'm either back or new. I have a 8 track DXP01FX that I have been recording on for a lot of years. I think it works great and still makes great sounding recordings. I'm sure it is very, very out of date. I haven't kept up with things, but now have the time and want to catch up.

Back