New Ibanez/Vai pedal

Great presentation on the vid. At least Vai has a sense of humor about it..calling the "other" Vai a wanker...funny stuff.

Yeah, I thought the video in and of itself was far more interesting than the product it was hawking.

Later tonight I'm gonna take a couple distortion pedals, super glue 'em together, and paint 'em up.) Then I'll have a product to endorse too!

Strat,
I don't know why, his playing just doesn't speak to me at all. The closest I've managed to get to listening to such technically excellent playing AND enjoying it is to the 1st couple of Television records - but then again Verlain wasn't fast by any stretch of the imagination.
I've been trying to develop my tastes of late, I bought Bridge of Sighs as I'd read so much about Trower but only listened to him as part of Procol Harum. That was interesting (particularly in light if the Hendrix clone discussions some months back) so I suppose I owe it to myself to try this fellow again.
I'll probably get laughed at but one of my most beloved players is Tony Bourg on the 1st 1/2 doz Budgie albums.

Last edited:
I'll probably get laughed at but one of my most beloved players is Tony Bourg on the 1st 1/2 doz Budgie albums.

I won't laugh at you. Mainly because I've never heard of Tony Bourg or Budgie. But Trower's Bridge of Sighs has been one of my favorites since the 70's.

Strat,
I don't know why, his playing just doesn't speak to me at all. The closest I've managed to get to listening to such technically excellent playing AND enjoying it is to the 1st couple of Television records - but then again Verlain wasn't fast by any stretch of the imagination.
I've been trying to develop my tastes of late, I bought Bridge of Sighs as I'd read so much about Trower but only listened to him as part of Procol Harum. That was interesting (particularly in light if the Hendrix clone discussions some months back) so I suppose I owe it to myself to try this fellow again.

I'm not laughing at you. (Grinning real big--but not laughing. :D) And I'm not familiar with the guys you mention either--but I like your stuff and trust your opinions--so now I've got some new players to check out.

Thanks!

I've just ordered "The infinite Steve Vai - An Anthology" double CD.
I know it's not the same as buy THE album etc but it's a good place to start & to decide whether or not I like his chops.
My mind is often closed but it just takes a knock at the door...
Why BUY? Well, I might love it! Anything I've downloaded that I actually enjoy, and is available, I buy. Besides I've heard far too many badly encoded MP3s to rely on them too much.

I've just ordered "The infinite Steve Vai - An Anthology" double CD.
I know it's not the same as buy THE album etc but it's a good place to start & to decide whether or not I like his chops.
My mind is often closed but it just takes a knock at the door...
Why BUY? Well, I might love it! Anything I've downloaded that I actually enjoy, and is available, I buy. Besides I've heard far too many badly encoded MP3s to rely on them too much.

Good for you! Way to keep an open mind--I've added a few bands/players to my collections that I've learned about from others in this corner of the 'net. If you hate it--PM me, I'll buy it from you!

Back