New Fender American teles & strats & goods for $600

I don't know why, but I just don't like strats. Telecasters are the only fenders I go near (and really like them at that) but the rest; for some reason I just don't 'dig' 'em.

Just speaking out aloud.

I think that's pretty much what I expected to hear about Strats. It is the Tele's that have "the sound". Thanks!

The thing about strats to me is diversity. The strat is probably the most diverse guitar in the range of sounds you can obtain and that's why it's so popular.

Wheras a les paul has that thick, fat sustaining sound and a tele has the twang and all the rest of the guitars the have their own niche; the strat is an all round guitar that can go about 75% of the way to replicate any of the above, but it doesn't have any overlly unique extreme sound. A very 'middle' guitar. For that reason they are good guitars (they are also about average in size, weight, neck size etc) and if i could only have one guitar I would certainly consider a strat (and then buy a LP or tele).

I think in a way that's why strats have a cloud hanging over them. People generally see them as boring guitars and people in suits playing them. LOL.

P.S. Dont tell Hendrix or SRV I said that; they demonstated to me how to use a strat properly.

Disclaimer: the above constitutes Krystof's opinion only and he will not be liable to any lost revenue for Fender Stratacaster guiatrs, nor will he accept liabilty for lost earnings of those that play them.

Back