New Fender American teles & strats & goods for $600

steveaustin

Just received a catalog from Musician's Friend advertising American stnd strats & teles w/ hard shell case, strap, straplocks & cable for $604.99 after rebates. Could'nt pass it up so I bought a transparent white blonde w/ ash body & rosewood fretboard for $704.99, $100.00 more for the ash body.

Nice.

I'd deffinatley buy a new Tele if I had that offer over here. Hot rodded fat telecaster (the blonde/ash body is a must for me).................I've gotta stop teasing myself.

Krystof01 said:

I'd deffinatley buy a new Tele if I had that offer over here. Hot rodded fat telecaster (the blonde/ash body is a must for me).................I've gotta stop teasing myself.
To torture you further, I got a brand-new, 521 natural ash 2000 American Standard Telecaster w/hard case for $429.99 on store close-out at my neighborhood Guitar Center in March.:D

Can't understand why more Europeans don't bag cheapy flights and come visit for buying sprees. The Ozzies all do. Seems like they spend half their time here. You'd save the cost of the flight a few times over.

(no, you can't stay with me because I just turned the guest bedroom into a recording studio!) :D

You just take it for granted how cheap things are over their. Generally speaking the prices you pay in dollars we pay in pounds more or less ie-your $430 would be about £430 to us which is around $645 (£ being around 1/3rd more than the dollar). It's the old economies of scale..............boring...........

BTW; If I flew over I'd still have to pay an import tax of 17.5% on my return and it's not like you can hide guitars in your bags is it?

Fuck it; I'll stay.

Knock, Knock.......bongolation, nice of you to let me stay in your studio.

BONGO YOU SUCK!!!!! :)

That's the guitar I have been wanting for some time now. If you decide to get rid of it, or decide you want something different, LET ME KNOW...cause I want it!

H2H

Hard2Hear said:
BONGO YOU SUCK!!!!! :)

That's the guitar I have been wanting for some time now. If you decide to get rid of it, or decide you want something different, LET ME KNOW...cause I want it!

GC closed them out at that price all over the country in both maple and rosewood fingerboards. Here's the one I got:

http://www.netcolony.com/image.cgi?url=/arts/epizeuxis/amp-tel2.jpg

The Ampeg V-50H tube guitar head and 4x12 slantface bottom were $499.98, new, also a killer deal I made up from manager closeouts in different stores. Not a terribly distinguished head as 50W heads go (note basic controls), but certainly serviceable and good-sounding. The bottom is a monster, braced 3/4" plywood box and Eminence/Ampeg speakers.

Total for everything in the picture: $929.97, including the hard case not shown. Got all this in a couple of weeks in March from the Seattle GC and my local one here in CA.

Krystof01 said:
Bongo; now I'm deffinatly coming over to stay.

Ha! Everyone does. Half the population here in CA seems to be foreign tourists who just decided not to go back, not counting all the domestic ones. Spend a few bucks on funny documents, just get a little job and start living The Sweet Life. If you think these music deals are great, wait until you see what kind of food $10 will buy in Safeway. That's what kills 'em. My Ukrainian protege (who's overstayed his "American Vacation" a mere six years now and has completely assimilated) tells me that's the first thing ex-Sov visitors write home about, "MOTHER, HERE THEY EAT CHICKEN _EVERY DAY_!":D

And play Telecasters.:D

Unless you're a smart shopper, ten dollars at safeway will buy you a "mere bag of shells".;)

Krystof01, I used to go to the safeway on the King's Road in London....I always took a renty flat close by when I was in the antique import biz.......gibs

You must live somewhere else in California. The Bay Area (aka Silicon Valley) is an incredibly expensive place to live. And no one shops at Safeway here, it's all Whole Foods--aka Whole Paycheck. I'm guessing you live in SoCal, where most of the GC's live...

Maybe they should start selling Telecaster's at safeway.

Gibs; I don't live in London but go there quite a bit; maybe I'll bump into you one day (watch your wallet). You'll know it's me because I'll be the one stepping into the limo outside.

charger said:
You must live somewhere else in California. The Bay Area (aka Silicon Valley) is an incredibly expensive place to live. And no one shops at Safeway here, it's all Whole Foods--aka Whole Paycheck. I'm guessing you live in SoCal, where most of the GC's live...

You'd be wrong.:D

I lived in San Francisco for about fifteen years until I inheirited a house over the hills. Before that NYC and before that Santa Cruz, AKA Troll Town, where (as you point out) hippies pay ungodly amounts of money to get stunted, inedible "organic" food crawling with _e coli_ bacteria and hepatitis.:eek:

My point is missed on Americans who don't travel; food is brutally expensive and in poor variety in every other country I've travelled in, and I've travelled a lot. Shopping the sales in a California supermarket will give you heart failure if you've been living in, say, Norway or Ecuador or New Zealand. Food was at least twice as expensive and nowhere near as varied anyplace I lived in Europe. In the northern countries it's absolutely depressing. In many countries I've travelled in, you couldn't get decent groceries at any price.

And if you think the cost of living is bad in SF, try Paris, Rome or London. Yipes!

Twang!!

Received the Tele a few days ago & love it. Very different from my LP, Strats & Ibanez RGs. Really quiet running w/ alot of distortion. Never been a country picker but I gotta learn some Albert Lee licks!

Well at least someone's enjoying themselves.

If you decide you don't like it, I'll buy it off you for half the price.

"If you decide you don't like it, I'll buy it off you for half the price"

And the shipping to England should make-up for the other half.

On the subject of Safeway, heard on the news they've pulled some kind of candy-jell that caused choking. Can you see the irony, this thread went from Teles to Safeway & I choke on a piece of that candy while playing my new guitar.

Woa dude. That's heavy.

haven't gotten my rebate check yet!!!

a month or so ago, i got a fender american strat with natural ash body and maple fingerboard which instantly fit me like a glove and became my favorite, but i haven't received my rebate check yet.

conversely, i had a les paul studio (chrome on black) that i just couldn't ever get use to. i loved the look but i just couldn't make it talk.

Back