New 16ch cerwin vega mixer not turning on... Model number. Cvm-1624fxusb

Nickword

hello i bought a new cerwin vega 16 ch mixer. off ebay of a user named bolistore. for 320 dollars. i was going to get the 12 ch mixer for 300 but had found this 1 used for the same price so i got this 1 instead. everything was working fine for the first phew hours but now its not turning on at all. i am very upset since i paid 320 dollars for the mixer. what could i do what is wrong with the mixer? i had it plugged in a surge protector to so i know it was all good. it was working great for the first half of the day then i had left to go run some errands and come back home to use it but it would not turn on. i checked the plug in the back of unit and on the wall socket. i smell the unit to see if it smelled like anything burned out but it still smells like brand new. what can i do can you help me please? thanks

Last edited:
I don't know where you live but in most countries the shop's refusal to refund your money (or at least exchange for a new mixer) is likely illegal. Push the shop again and if they still refuse, talk to the appropriate local authority on trading standards--or maybe the "Better Business Bureau".

At very worst, you should be covered by a guarantee from Cerwin Vega.

In any case, I wouldn't mess around with anything that would risk your guarantee or your legal rights.

sorry i fixed the post. i said the story of me buying it from the local dealer cause i didn't want to say i got it off ebay used and get bashed on by all the forum users like i have in the past for not buying a brand new unit. i talked to the guy who sold me the unit this morning an told him my situation. he replied back saying he would refund my money but also that he seen this forum and read what i said about the local dealer and said if im trying to return back a different unit he would know cuase they mark down all their units. that's great then this is just a case of misunderstanding which is all my fault cause i was just to scared of the backfire id get if i told people i bought it used off ebay. but i absolutely am telling the truth and this is exactly what happen. i have nothing to hide my names nicholas arvizu. i am from buena park california. my youtube ch is nickword1. i have a video that's almost at 500 thousand views of me hitting a big punching bag. lol i also got videos of when i open the mixer out the packaging and a video i took of my old mixer when i sold it to to be able to buy this mixer. cause i am a cerwin vega collector and got alot of very rare amps and speakers by cerwin vega from the 70's and 80's and on my videos i show all my equipment i will most it right hear.

but the buyer from ebay said he will return my money if it's the same unit. then that is absolutely great cause it is the exact same unit and i should have nothing to worry about if he marked the unit down like he said he does. i will show him this forum again and let him know i fixed it and am telling the truth in exactly what happen. i will post my videos hear to. thanks every buddy and i am very sorry for the mix up.

funny, tho im sure you would be upset to if you paid 320 and ended up with a mixer that stopped working after a phew hours...

You should have contacted the seller first....and then you wouldn't have been upset.

Oh....what's a "phew" hours?

lol i did and i told him the reason why i didn't want to tell people on a forum i bought it used for 320 of ebay is because i was afraid of people like you bashing me. seriously man what's your problem? i always run into people like you on these forums. don't you got anything better to do then to pick on some 1 who's new at these things. and why do it behind a screen like seriously that's soooooo pathetic i hate it so much. im tired of arguing with people online.. seriously over all the drama man if you don't like the post then your more then welcome to leave. act like a grown up not like a 14 year old kid!

anyways hear is a quick video of me opening the package and taking the mixer out exactly how i got it. this was yesterday around 12:30 pm.

and hear is a video of my old mixer i sold for 300 on craigslist so i can be able to buy the cerwin vega mixer. it was a beringer 24 ch mixer. sure was great i kinda regret selling it now.

check out all my cerwin vega equipment. my amps and equalizer is all from the 70's and they all work great till this day. the turbo bass booster on top is 1984 i believe. i also got a pair of cerwin vega AT 15 and a pair of pd9's. i also got a very rare pair of cerwin vega 18 inch sensurround subwoofers. model number 189e. they have special voice coils in them and were used for the movie earthquake in thearters in 1974. hears a vid of me unpackaging those to. i am a cerwin vega collector and love cerwin vega. that is why i sold my old mixer and bought the new cerwin vega mixer.

don't you got anything better to do then to pick on some 1 who's new at these things. and why do it behind a screen like seriously that's soooooo pathetic i hate it so much.

:D

No one is picking on you...you're just getting all worked up about things right out of the box.
Just sayin' that instead of having a drama here, all you had to do was first contact the seller....and see, he is going to refund your purchase.
So all this stuff now after that is just food for forum amusement.

I love that you have background music to open packages to in that video. :)

I have a Cerwin-Vega model A-1800 stereo amp from like.....1977-78, and a a pair of V-34 cabs (15" speaker, horn and dual tweeters)....the ones with the gray "carpet" covering.
Use to also own a pair of V-30 cabs and a pair of the huge bass reflex cabs with 18" speakers (can't recall the model), also from that same era with the gray "carpet" covering.

lol sorry for the mix up

im sorry for the mix up the seller said he would return my money so that is awesome. i am very happy about that. also the music just go's so very well when opening packages. lol

and that is very cool you have the A-1800. LOVE THAT AMP. i have 2 A-2200s. with a cerwin vega PR1 preamplifier. and a GE-1 equalizer. absolutely amazing quality and they all still work to this day. i just wanted a matching mixer but i think i went a lil over my head. my old mixer was good. but now i think im just going to go with a mackie onyx mixer since i hear those are the absolute best for home recording. what do you think?

Lol you act like im the only 1 on youtube making unboxing videos. theirs nothing wrong with that so why does that bother you? it seems like it's you who needs to get a grip!

Lol you act like im the only 1 on youtube making unboxing videos. theirs nothing wrong with that so why does that bother you? it seems like it's you who needs to get a grip!

I regard unboxing videos as a particularly lame trend... an unboxing video was meant to be about someone who knows what they're talking about taking a new piece of gear out of a box and setting it up and reviewing its use.

You mangling a box with a box cutter whilst simultaneously holding a video cam and grunting because, gee it's hard to open a box one handed with a box cutter whilst you're holding a video cam, when you're wearing white socks at the SAME TIME, grunting some more, tipping it out on the floor and saying "look at my new mixer" and "my battery's running out, so if it runs out, sorry" doesn't strike me as entertaining or worthy, but hey, I have highbrow tastes like that.

"Sorry?" I was PRAYING your video cam battery would run out... but hey... look, you got a whole ONE HIT on yer fascinating YouTube video from me, so objective achieved and you can have the last laugh.

You possibly damaged your mixer when you tipped it on the floor.

I've forgotten something.... lesseee...

Oh yeah, welcome to HR. :eek: :D

Hope you sort your problem out.... :thumbs up:

Here's a video of me opening a box of wine that this thread drove me to:

Seriously to the OP, if you'd even read a few threads on HR before posting you'd have noticed that nobody gets criticised for buying second hand--in fact used gear is often recommended as a way to get better gear for less money.

However, pretending to have purchased from a local dealer was a bit of a silly pretence since it totally changes your options and legal rights compared to an eBay purchase. Since I replied based on the information you gave, you wasted my time and yours.

Good luck--I hope you get your refund and find another mixer to buy.

Back