Need a mix / mastering for my "We all know" song

seeking

Hi everybody.
Im pretty new to this forum but I was hoping some of you could help me get a better mix/master to one of my songs.

You can cut,paste,trim,add,eq,reverb,fx....... pretty much do whatever you want with it-

I will also give some "thank you" money if i get a good master back.

Or you decline the payment.......you choose

Best regards
-einar høiland-
NORWAY

First; heres my attempt:

https://www.box.com/s/pp9zjueqbka4eokwn7vm

And heres the tracks in rar-files:

Part 1: https://www.box.com/s/xolgaqyflinv94jw4kn4

Part 2: https://www.box.com/s/wcyw1z9zepdyfsmvg5tu

New Mix

Hi Einar.... Great song ! Very clean and well recorded tracks. Here is my 1st shot at the song...let me know what you think.
Craig

Attachments

• We All Know Mix.mp3
    6.9 MB · Views: 177
Hi
I`ll burn it to a cd and listen to it on different stereo`s
Thanks for the time you spent on it.

-einar-

Mix 2

Here is another mix using a different pair of monitors.....

Attachments

• We All Know Mix 2.mp3
    6.9 MB · Views: 47
Hi

Hi.

Could u try to tone down the marching drums a bit, and place it to the left (-50 or so). And also tone down the rythmic organs. Kind of like the rythmic organ, marching drums and the payed el guitar blend a bit.

There are also missing some kick and base when second verse starts......

Liked what you have done with the acoustic guitar.

-einar-

Remix 3

Here is the new mix with your requested changes... Let me know if I can do any other tweaks as well....
Craig

Attachments

• We All Know Mix 3.mp3
    6.9 MB · Views: 51
I will have something ready by the weekend... already sounding good ;)
While working on your vocals they reminded me a lot of John Frusciante's singing but that might be just me!

If you'd also like a real bass recorded I would be happy to, just give me the go-ahead :)

We All Know (Perfekt Chaos Mix)

Hello Einar!

Here's my try on your song.
The multi's were pretty well recorded which made the mixing process more easier, so congratz on that. :thumbs up:

My approach to your song had a lot to do with your lyrics, I wanted the sound to match the content of your vocals, so I made it big and wide.
I'm a huge fan of dynamics, so don't expect this to be a db massive track ;) I used some summing along with your original tracks to give it more vibe and feeling.

Hope you like it, and congratulations for the tune,

Kind Regards,
Walter

View attachment We All Know (PC MIX).mp3

P.S. mp3 quality always sucks, but here goes...

To GT3000XX

Hi.

Alot better. The base is abit burred tough. But my biggest concern is, when the second verse kicks in, its to low. Im suspecting that u use limiter/compression to hard. the first verse is/feel actually louder then the second verse. It lacks some dynamic; meaning the second verse should kick in a bit harder/louder then the more quiet 1 verse............... make sense....?

-einar-

Last edited:
To bouroki

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I would love a real bass recorded.......go a head..:thumbs up:

Last edited:
To Perfekt Chaos

Hi.
Many thanks for your try. I burned it and played it on my home stereo and in my car, and the second verse/chorus was close to perfect. I could play it really loud. The bass, drums and el guitars was really tight and sounded good. But then I played it in my office with a 2.1 system and heard that the low range was way to heavy.
So, could u give it one more try, and then with:
1.give the acoustic guitar some low end in the beginning of the song(when its only the guitars and voice.It sounded a bit thin)
2. maybe a bit less reverb on the main voice during verses.
3. just a tad lower sologuitars.
4. just a tad lower synth choir and a little bit higher "humanvoice" choir.
5. a bit lower rythmic organs in the chorus
5. The last but no less importen: I would like the 1 verse and hcorus to be a bit lower then the second verse/chorus....more dynamic, kind of. My goal was to achieve a bit "wow" effect when the rhythmic el guitar kick in.
Lots of requests, but i really liked the drive and tightness you gave the second verse. :-)

Is the "i used some summing" a bass synth...?

-einar-

Last edited:
To GT3000XX

Hi.

Im thinking about the hole sound. I am trying to get that "wow" feeling when the second verse kick in.
I would like that the hole first verse/chorus to be a bit lower then the second verse/chorus.

Also, could u raise the sologuitars some....not to much, just some.... ;-)

-einar-

Last edited:
To GT3000XX

hi.

And also.
1.The main voice have to be lowered a bit
2. mabye a bit less reverb main voice in verses
3. The snare has to be a bit more sharp......it kind of wolly...?

-einar-

Last edited:
Einar....With multiple people mixing the song could you start out your reply by addressing the person you are talking to.Thanks
Craig

You are absolutely right.......i assumed when I "replied" it came to the right person......I see now that thats not the case....... thank you GT

-einar-

To Perfect Chaos

Hi.

Thanks. I will burn it to a cd, and take a listen on different stereos......

-einar-
BTW: is the summing a synth bass....?

sub

Hello Einar.

I took a look on your thoughts and here's the updated version.
Sorry for not have done them before, but this kind of things are normal when it comes to online mixing... I suppose ;)

Take care,
Walter

View attachment 80482

Hi.
im sorry to say but it is still pretty heavy in the bottom....... close to woff-woff...if u know what i mean. This is mainly a problem when played on sub. Do you have a sub in you setup....?
I know it hard to mix for a sub and standard speakers if u dont have a sub. Maybe try a slow cut off about 80hz....? what do i know...:o

Give it one more try.....?
ps: i would like the rhythmic organs a bit lower to..... so much is out of sync, so i like to blend it...:facepalm:

I just love the drums.....nice work

-einar høiland-

Back