Need a few sets of ears on this.

Sounds pretty good here. I would check @ 1:55 to 2:03 - there is a weird low-mid thing happening there. Also, the guitars have just a tinge of that hollow sound to them. Nice work as usual though!

Sounds pretty good here. I would check @ 1:55 to 2:03 - there is a weird low-mid thing happening there. Also, the guitars have just a tinge of that hollow sound to them. Nice work as usual though!

Nice. Im gonna have ME add a bump at 700-800 to fill the whole thing out. It should be good after that. As for the low end ill look into it. Perhaps ill auto mate the lows of the palm mutes down a tad at 1:56 with a graphic. That oughta do it.

I can't open any MP3 files or stream audio in my job. It's really anoying... in exchange I can enter YouTube, surf the web anytime, and check my email constantly.

I'll check this stuff once I get to my home.

Very good mix, but my first impression is the snare is too weak for the style. I think you need something more robust: punchy, yet sits tightly in the mix and not up front. I don't know if that is something worth fixing for you; it might not matter, but for future reference, I think your style needs a snare thats driving and bold, not thin.

I'm a mixer, but also a nit-picky bastard when it comes to instruments . . . ha ha! Good job, I like it!

Sounds great - and I think the snare is just right for the music, personally. Sits right where it should sit and sounds fantastic with the rest of the drums, too. Are the drums samples/triggered? If so, which?

Those are some hella ballsy guitars, too - very nice job - what amps were used?

Sounds really good to me....great guitar tone, and some really good sounding drums. Good vocals also....they seem to have a great place to sit, and the music never really gets crowded out by them. I think I hear what NL mentioned about the palm mutes around 2 minutes...

Nice sounds man....

Sounds good... What did you use for the drums?

A really good drummer. (its the drummer from Journey/Ozzy's son) (no pressure! yikes!)
Mxl 604's for overheads, Shure pg81's for ride/hh mics, 57 on snare, 421's on toms, D6 on kick.
Triggered with Steven Slate samples. Its 60% real drums, 40% triggers.

Sounds great - and I think the snare is just right for the music, personally. Sits right where it should sit and sounds fantastic with the rest of the drums, too. Are the drums samples/triggered? If so, which?

Those are some hella ballsy guitars, too - very nice job - what amps were used?

Its 60% mics, and 40% triggers on the drums.
The guitars were a Marshall Mode4 cab with a Mesa Dual rec. Miced with an I5 on a bias at the cone then eq'd a bit with an SSL plug in.

The bass was DI'd then ran through a sansamp pedal, a compressor, an overdrive pedal, The Ren bass plug-in to add some 50hz, Then C4 multi band to keep that 50hz in check. Then SSL channel strip for final eq/recompression.

Its 60% mics, and 40% triggers on the drums.
The guitars were a Marshall Mode4 cab with a Mesa Dual rec. Miced with an I5 on a bias at the cone then eq'd a bit with an SSL plug in.

The bass was DI'd then ran through a sansamp pedal, a compressor, an overdrive pedal, The Ren bass plug-in to add some 50hz, Then C4 multi band to keep that 50hz in check. Then SSL channel strip for final eq/recompression.

Hey -

I'm still getting used to a new monitoring setup, so I may be wrong here, but is it more than one guitar track per side?

No it isnt.

Dammit! What am I hearing then?!?!?!??!??? :D

It's a real slight hollow thing that sounds like a phase issue. Maybe it's from the room? Or somewhere in the processing? Maybe I'm just hearing things? Whatever it is, it's super minor anyway.

Track sounds awesome. :D

Dammit! What am I hearing then?!?!?!??!??? :D

It's a real slight hollow thing that sounds like a phase issue. Maybe it's from the room? Or somewhere in the processing? Maybe I'm just hearing things? Whatever it is, it's super minor anyway.

Track sounds awesome. :D

No. Over heads only, and they were in phase, i always check that b4 i start.
180 phase flipper for the way! Sounds fine to me. I dont see the what u mean.
I think what youre hearning is a differnt type of guitar sound all together.
I kinda got this Tom Schulz on steriods thing going and stuck with it. Its differnet.

No. Over heads only, and they were in phase, i always check that b4 i start.
180 phase flipper for the way! Sounds fine to me. I dont see the what u mean.
I kinda got this Tom Schulz on steriods thing going and stuck with it. Its differnet.

I'm only talking about the guitar tracks.......I'm probably just hearing things. Trying to get used to the new setup. Everything sounds different now.

Like I said. Track sounds great! :D

The guitar sound I think NL5 is talking about reminds me of old Deftones sounding guitar which sounds like slight phasing to me. But even if it is phasing its no bad thing, sounds good to me!

Eck

Back