My Studio Build...such as it is....

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle!:D Nice work Lou and I'm impressed. Looks like you did your homework. ;) It makes me wanna get out in the shop and finish my Fractal QRD...except it's 10 freakin degrees out there this morning.:eek: Think I'll just sit in my studio and finish my two computers case design instead.:p But hey, you're doin a great job Lou and hope you finish soon!

Thanks for chiming in, Fitz, really appreciated. I did a bunch of homework. Budget and ability and the space at hand forced a few compromises but I'm going with the "something is better than nothing" approach. I'm going to have some 703 left after the basics are covered so I'm just gonna build more panels. I'll probably put a couple athwart the wall/ceiling corners on the side and rear walls and keep a few loose as gobos.

What do you think of my square superchunks? I threw the idea out there at Gearslutz and John Sayers and nobody blowed it up.

Thanks again, man.

lou

What do you think of my square superchunks?
Actually, its all good. I've seen two or three home studios that the owners used the same thing. What makes it good, is dieing in diagonal panels at the ceiling to the square superchunks. No compound mitered panels to cut and cover. Actually, mine are a complete mindfuck to build. The only place I have for superchunks is at the ceiling, and because of various elements in my studio(and my "over complicated" sense of aesthetics:p ), I have to die in mine to the soffits, and then return them at the other end at a 45 degree angle, with a flat area continuing to the angled doors at the rear wall. Like this:rolleyes::D

is.php

is.php

is.php

Framing the ceiling superchunks and clouds for fabric was a real bitch. Still haven't finished the second one, but I'll get back to it soon.:rolleyes:

is.php

is.php

Nice work, Lou. Looking good!

Nice work in the corners. I was also wondering how you were going to handle the corner with the shelves. You hit that one on the mark!

Joel

Thanks, Joel. I'm looking forward to getting it finished and moving gear in for some critical listening and assessment.

lou

Them damned resonators again!! Aaaarrgh!

Okay, smart guy. Build me a couple. I'll proudly display them. They can be sales prototypes so you can write off the expense and I'll tell people all about 'em. I'll tell Molly anyway. Won't she be impressed.

With all yer new wood-maiming toys you ought to be whippin' them babies out any time now, eh?

;)
lou

Them damned resonators again!! Aaaarrgh!

Okay, smart guy. Build me a couple. I'll proudly display them. They can be sales prototypes so you can write off the expense and I'll tell people all about 'em. I'll tell Molly anyway. Won't she be impressed.

With all yer new wood-maiming toys you ought to be whippin' them babies out any time now, eh?

;)
lou

Soon, but I have other fish to fry right now. I'll take a picture for you. You can blow it up to actual size and then tape it to your wall. :P

I had a lava - cat wiped it out. I might get another. They're almost de rigeur ain't they? WTF is a Bagpuss? Basil Brush?

lou

I had a lava - cat wiped it out.

oh lord ....... I've heard that's a real mess to clean up. :rolleyes:

But your cat wouldn't wipe out 'El LAve Grande' .... it's huge ....... about 2 feet tall ..... uses a 100 watt buld ..... :eek: .... only thing is ..... it takes like, 3 hours to heat up and start working.
By that time the session's over.

WTF is a Bagpuss? Basil Brush?
lou

no shit ...... what the hell is that? Sounds trashy though so I'm sure I'll like it.

hey lou ...... you ought to find some spot on the walls or ceiling and put a single eggcarton. Just one .... kinda like a talisman. Only people in the know would get the joke.
In fact ....... I'm gonna put one up in my music room.

:D

hey lou ...... you ought to find some spot on the walls or ceiling and put a single eggcarton. Just one .... kinda like a talisman. Only people in the know would get the joke.
In fact ....... I'm gonna put one up in my music room.

Ha haa...I love it. I don't eat eggs so I'm gonna have to scrounge for one. Maybe frame it?

lou

yeah, framed with maybe a black velvet background. :D

LT, ya may have just started a new trend in studios. :)

Hears a question out of ignorance. I see you put a trap in the corner where the in-wall bookcase is. Do the other two rows of wooden shelves also act as corners that need more traps??

Back