My new TASCAM 388 + LOTS of pictures!!

MadAudio said:
cjacek - I'm trying to think of a way to say congratulations that hides my jealousy, but I'm coming up short.

Still .. I appreciate your words .. ;)

Guys,

Other than the obvious pinch roller, the other thing to the upper right of it is made (its surface) of I assume rubber as well ? Does it get the same type of maintanance cleaning as the other rubber roller ? It's safe to put rubber cleaner on it, right ? I just use that stuff once in a blue moon, just when I get a new recorder. ;)

Thanks! :)

~Daniel

Yes!

I believe that's the Tach Roller, that feeds a pulse to the tape counter as it rotates. You can clean the rubber band surface of the tach roller as you would the pinch roller.;)

A Reel Person said:
I believe that's the Tach Roller, that feeds a pulse to the tape counter as it rotates. You can clean the rubber band surface of the tach roller as you would the pinch roller.;)

Good info, didn't know that about the other roller. Thanks!

~Daniel :)

I realize this is a ~3 year old thread, but I see there are a lot of 388 enthusiasts here, and it looks like I might be selling a Tascam 388 soon. PM me if you're interested and want to make an offer, I can't absolutely guarantee it yet, but it should happen soon. The machine is very clean, and not heavily used from what I can tell. I'll include the 7.5" takeup reel too, and I might even have a 4 channel phantom power supply unit to sell with it, so you could use condenser mics on the mixer portion. I'm in NW Ohio, so the buyer would need to arrange something. Anyway, let me know if you're interested. I hope this isn't against the rules, I'm just seeing if anyone's interested here before I go to ebay or something like that.

-Dan

Back