My new TASCAM 388 + LOTS of pictures!!

Mark7 said:
Yay!.......... :D

BTW: We'll be eagerly awaiting your very first 388 production ;)

Hopefully, as the only thing I've been producing lately is MORE GEAR! LOL!!! :D

~Daniel ;)

Herm said:
Man that bad boy looks real nice. Congrats on the 388!

Thanks Herm! The only thing that would make it an even greater deal is the 388 heads you sold for 36 bucks on eBay! Can't get over that ..... Ok, need a drink just about now ..... :eek:

Yep. I bought mine right here in Leicester (from the local branch of music tech chain Academy Of Sound, no less) for a princely £190. (smug) :D

Sorry to hijack your thread ( and congrats your is in WAY nicer condition than mine) Anyone know of somewhere in Dallas that I could take my 388 and get it rebiased and serviced in general .. It still is in working order however I need to get the pots cleaned and a rebias would probably do wonders for it. ( hasnt been rebiased in over 7 years !!!! ( oops my bad! ) ONce again sorry for the thread hijack and welcome to the club.

Randy

Whew! That's clean!

The dents are very minor, to say the least. The VU meter window may be gently coaxed back into place, by manipulating it from the front, and/or back simultaneously. Make sure to unplug it before sticking your hand inside!

That's my NWR page, referenced up there, (on page 1). I'm very proud of my recordings, and my 388 stuff is some of my best. I get lots of hits every month. Come again!

I love the 388, for all it's worth. It sounds great, & has awesome features. The 388 is the Stealth Bomber of Portastudio format recorders! Shh, it'll be our little secret! Before you know it, there'll be a big rush on 388's, and they'll be bidding upward of $1000 again. :eek:

The best I've done was $305 for a 388, but I know a kid who got one for $120, and I calibrated it for $80, so he was out-the-door for $200! That's value! :eek:

Thanx again, congratulations, and like e'one else, I'll await your first 388 production! ;)

Nice Daniel :)

That's as close to getting a new one as anyone could hope. Heads look new -- dents are no big deal. 35-90 and 407 are perfect.

Back