Music I like, what do you like??

Trying to shift away from the political stuff.

Bring it back to the roots as it were. No one signed up to this forum to argue politics.

While it can be fun, it can degrade into bitterness, animosity and divide us more.

Music can be a great healer. An uplifting force.

So with that I’m gonna share some stuff I like. Maybe you know it, maybe you’ll discover something new, maybe you’ll think I have horrible taste.... who knows :D

https://youtu.be/7rQWh62VUHE Allman Bothers

https://youtu.be/HasBOubr0Ys. Vintage trouble doing Beatles

That’s enough...... for now.

Feel free to share your own.

https://youtu.be/pJEewund2zQ no
And with that, I’m gonna stop posting and hogging up bandwidth. :D

All to y’all now. (y)

Trying to shift away from the political stuff.

Bring it back to the roots as it were. No one signed up to this forum to argue politics.

While it can be fun, it can degrade into bitterness, animosity and divide us more.

Music can be a great healer. An uplifting force.

So with that I’m gonna share some stuff I like. Maybe you know it, maybe you’ll discover something new, maybe you’ll think I have horrible taste.... who knows :D

https://youtu.be/7rQWh62VUHE Allman Bothers

https://youtu.be/HasBOubr0Ys. Vintage trouble doing Beatles

That’s enough...... for now.

Feel free to share your own.

Ha ha! So much for that not posting nonsense. :LOL:

Here’s some pure magic.

Jimi’s music did not come out of his mortal hands. No, no, no.

He locked into and channeled something much larger than life.

Many have copied, some have even surpassed him in a technical sense.....But Jimi?

Well...... he invented it. Music flowed out from his soul. He tapped into some kind of spiritual consciousness and notes and sounds flowed out of him that had never been heard before.

Stuff that guitarists today have spent hours, hours and hours to learn....Stuff that people have slaved over to try to copy the technique.... While admirable and impressive... This is stuff that flowed from Jimi’s hands like a waterfall. Naturally.

Say what you will, but 50 some years later this is still remarkable.

• Love
Reactions: TAE
Stumbled upon this in the Youtube side bar this morning.... WTF am I up at this hour anyways?
As a keyboard player I kind of liked this band and this album....A lot like ELP but different.

This thread is the most comprehensive collection of boomer music ever
Well to counter that I just came upon this crazy cat this morning...what a cool catalog of rockudrama videos...and he's current...but crazy cool.....

There is no right or wrong with what a person likes. Even if I think it sucks and make fun of the person for liking it, who cares? It's their taste.

I love a lot. But, mentioning the old stuff probably won't turn anyone on to Johnny Thunders or Edith Piaf.

There isn't much I hear that I like that's new. But, I do love these two bands Mattiel and Gladie. Gladie is also Cayetana. The lead of both is singer/songerwriter Augusta Koch.

Koch is an excellent singer/songwriter. She has 4 or 5 albums worth of great material. But, it's the business end that has her stuck. They need a manager or booking agent. The talent is more than there.

Homerecording user
Starter Pack:
Dude, you can be a jerk in your own thread. But don’t pull that shit here.

This thread has been free of any drama and trolling. And by people’s reactions, it seems like most have enjoyed it very much.

You may say I’m being a bit dramatic and blowing things out of proportion, but I’m just nipping it in the bud.
I’m smart enough to recognize a troll when I see one.

Last edited:
Dude, you can be a jerk in your own thread. But don’t pull that shit here.

This thread has been free of any drama and trolling. And by people’s reactions, it seems like most have enjoyed it very much.

You may say I’m bring a bit dramatic and blowing hinges out of proportion, but I’m just nipping it in the bud.
I’m smart enough to recognize a troll when I see one.
My record collection is everything from Beethoven (I am trying to learn Sonata 14 on piano) to Miles Davis Kinda Blue album to the Carpenters to Metallica.
Eclectic 🥰

Ha ha! So much for that not posting nonsense. :LOL:

Here’s some pure magic.

Jimi’s music did not come out of his mortal hands. No, no, no.

He locked into and channeled something much larger than life.

Many have copied, some have even surpassed him in a technical sense.....But Jimi?

Well...... he invented it. Music flowed out from his soul. He tapped into some kind of spiritual consciousness and notes and sounds flowed out of him that had never been heard before.

Stuff that guitarists today have spent hours, hours and hours to learn....Stuff that people have slaved over to try to copy the technique.... While admirable and impressive... This is stuff that flowed from Jimi’s hands like a waterfall. Naturally.

Say what you will, but 50 some years later this is still remarkable.

Hendrix would have been inovating still... had he been alive today. He would have been working with and influencing young artists in all genres in the same way that Nile Rodgers is doing

Reactions: RFR
Lou Reed live. The classic “Sweet Jane”
This version has an iconic dual lead guitar intro done by Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter. Very tasty guitar work indeed.

This thread is the most comprehensive collection of boomer music ever

I suppose one could see 80s hairband as boomers last stand of being current on music trends. Although looking back it wasn't exactly the proudest of moments, consolation being there was nary an incel to be found. Then things went from boomer to bummer with the grunge movement putting an abrupt end to all the fun. Life was hard, especially at the top. What to do other than put a gun to your head. Good times. Lipsync, rap no sing, auto tune,, a cesspool of talent to follow. Amirite?

The thread is titled, Music I like, what do you like? Whatcha got?

Useful? For whom, and for what? I suppose that's for each to decide for themselves, as represented by to what you may(or may not) be listening. Years have little to do with it, whether the year in which you were born or music/art offered for consideration. Other than the exception possibly being my previous post, I don't think anyone here has expressed prejudice toward either, save for one. I suspect to one degree or the other we're both wrong.

I've always wondered why at some point most individuals stop listening to the music of the current year and take refuge in what they listened to when they were teenagers, with the erroneous belief that this was the "golden age" and that's it, nothing significant was composed and played anymore.
This is false (obviously): Art doesn't die just because you're dead inside. Luckily the creativity of composers and musicians will always exist, I could fill this thread with good youtube music within the last 4/5 years (I'll spare you that, I don't think you will appreciate it).
Am I trolling? maybe a little, but for a good cause: to remind the world that Art is not dead, Art is everywhere, you just need to know how to recognize it.
It would be nice (and much more useful and constructive) to point "Music I like" that is at least from the current millennium, even better if it were from the last 3 years.

Ok, I'm done trolling
You are not an authority on music ‘I’ like. Nor are you an authority on music other people like.

People like what they like. It doesn’t mean they are dead inside.

And yes there is plenty of music that is current that happens to be good.

One more time I will ask you. Don’t be a jerk in this thread.

It’s not a debate thread. it’s not a belittle music others like thread.
It’s not a troll thread.

It’s quite simply a sharing thread. As the title states, “music I like, what do you like?”

So post some music you like, or shut the fuck up and stay out of this thread.

Back