Music I like, what do you like??

One of you musical geniuses have to help me out here. I have never been good at copying. I have finally started to figure out this chord progression and have what I think is almost all of it except for a small section of the middle section. I have most of that but am having trouble with the end of it. The Chords I have so far are that it starts on Bm-CM7-B then does a climb and winds up on and Ab minor chord before it starts the verse progrression. The solo is from about 1:20 in to about 1:45. I am missing from about 1:40 to when it reaches the Ab minor. If it is any help and to save time the verse chord progressive is Ebm-F#m7-Ab-Eb 2x Ab-F#-E-D-E-F#-Ab-Bb-Ab-F#-E-D-Eb-F#-Ab. Might want to check those chords also, I am not very good at this.

Last edited:
Friday night, time for drinks and some good tunes. Hopefully in time for some of you folks on the other side of the pond before you call it a night.

I've been a fan of Mike Keneally since I met him at a local guitar shop years ago. The man is a chameleon, playing so many styles, and playing them well. He's also someone who can go toe to toe with Steve Vai. I ran across this video of them doing a "Crossroads duel).

Don't throw rocks!...

It was raining the other day, so, giving me bones s much needed rest I took a nap on the couch with the TV on. Half awake[which incidentally I'm kind of realizing is one of my favorite times to take a calm opportunity to appreciate something new...to me...such as discovering I kind of Dianne Krawl(sp?)], the Kelly Clarkson show came on. Apparently she opens every show singing a cover, that girl can sing. So, she opened with this one. I didn't watch, only listened. Searched it out once awake. It's this guy who I've never heard of him. Good tune, he does a good job, although I think I prefer the Kelly Clarkson version. Duet version here.

Last edited:
(back in the day) Theme song for driving through/on the 17 & a half mile long Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. About 2-3 beers in primer, 'cause I'm almost home, and it's illegal to drive inebriated.

One of my favorite Sabbath records when I was much younger was the album Live at Last. Similar to the above performance - it was all live material from about '73 as I recall. I dug the raw unpolished nature of it. I was Sabbath freak when I was a kid.

But the live "Sabbath" album I dig the most is not really Sabbath. Ozzy's speak of the devil album. Brad Gillis on gtr. It just sounds so huge.

Don't throw rocks!...

It was raining the other day, so, giving me bones s much needed rest I took a nap on the couch with the TV on. Half awake[which incidentally I'm kind of realizing is one of my favorite times to take a calm opportunity to appreciate something new...to me...such as discovering I kind of Dianne Krawl(sp?)], the Kelly Clarkson show came on. Apparently she opens every show singing a cover, that girl can sing. So, she opened with this one. I didn't watch, only listened. Searched it out once awake. It's this guy who I've never heard of him. Good tune, he does a good job, although I think I prefer the Kelly Clarkson version. Duet version here.
I've been a fan of Diana Krall for years. I first heard her album When I look Into Your Eyes. She does great interpretations. I really liked this one, written by Clint Eastwood, Carole_Bayer_Sager and Linda Thompson.

The git tuning, guy's got a cool voice, "tell her something in my heart, needs her more than even clowns, need the laughter of the crowd"..it's a good lyric. What're you gonna do, I'm a romantic. But seriously, it's all about the accordion, it's always all about the accordion, always. Hope our friend Teysha is doing well, sitting somewhere sipping an umbrella canopied girly drink.

Young and naive i once asked an older mentor who I knew would never bullshit me, "What is perfect pitch?" He answered, " Perfect pitch is when you throw an accordion into a dumpster and it lands on top of a banjo."

Who am I?... sounds legit.

Last edited:
One of my greatest regrets in life (so far!) is that didn't play the cymbal on this song. Restraint and discretion, know what I'm saying? Speaking of clowns, (hold your tongue :mad:), "naked as the eyes of a clown", wow, poignant, but he just threw it in this little song.

Can't understand or explain why, I cried. RIP.

Young and naive i once asked an older mentor who I knew would never bullshit me, "What is perfect pitch?" He answered, " Perfect pitch is when you throw an accordion into a dumpster and it lands on top of a banjo."

Who am I?... sounds legit.
Reminds me of the story of the car that got broken into. Back window was totally smashed.
Cops came to do a report. “Was anything stolen?”

“No, all I had was an accordion in the back seat. It’s still there, but they threw in a banjo”

Reminds me of the story of the car that got broken into. Back window was totally smashed.
Cops came to do a report. “Was anything stolen?”

“No, all I had was an accordion in the back seat. It’s still there, but they threw in a banjo”
Hey hey I can hear you

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Back