Music I like, what do you like??

This whole album is stellar, it's what got me hooked on Celtic music, thanks to the groove that's built in to most tracks:

Studio video (different take, I prefer the above):

That must have been a labor of love. In the sense that I assume a lot of work went into that.
I have a massive, old school stereo system in my fruntroom (Chicago-speak for living room) along with a new 85 inch TV.
I can knock the knick-nacks off the shelves and rattle my windows almost to the point of breakage at just over a quarter volume.
That Frampton video shakes the entire house. So, I try to keep it at a reasonable volume, so I don't have to repair cracks in the plaster. :P

I have a massive, old school stereo system in my fruntroom (Chicago-speak for living room) along with a new 85 inch TV.
I can knock the knick-nacks off the shelves and rattle my windows almost to the point of breakage at just over a quarter volume.
That Frampton video shakes the entire house. So, I try to keep it at a reasonable volume, so I don't have to repair cracks in the plaster. :P

You must be the favorite neighbor. ; - )

Perhaps you've heard the old saying, "If music is important in your life, sooner or later, you'll learn to play the Shamisen."

I always thought it was a ripoff of Custard Pie.
I'm surprised they didn't get sued.

Oh, it most definitely is. Actually, it's what all the kids these days call a mashup, or something or another. It's Custard Pie and Mickey's Monkey, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles.

Saw this in another forum. I'm not a super fan and don't dig everything he puts out - but I do recognize that he is a living breathing genius.

This is just so beautiful. Apparently he only has an interest in 5 strings instead of 6. So Taylor built a guitar for him. Don't know the whole story - but I think that's the dealio.

Saw this in another forum. I'm not a super fan and don't dig everything he puts out - but I do recognize that he is a living breathing genius.

This is just so beautiful. Apparently he only has an interest in 5 strings instead of 6. So Taylor built a guitar for him. Don't know the whole story - but I think that's the dealio.

Paul Davids just did an interview with him 3 weeks ago on his YouTube channel. He explains the whole theory on why five strings and how it is set up along with why. Won't spoil it for anyone, but do check out the interview as it was fascinating. Dude is the epitome of think different.

Back