Multi-Track Software

wow, about the garage band thingey, it is terrible. it was first designed to be a loop program, and the sequencing and stuff came later. they were NOT targeting people like you, who own a vf80, but more like people who say "man, all that stuff is expensive, and im not even good at my instrument. ill just use a premade loop." the program was supposed to be like a drum program on the computer, but you could add guitar, and buy a mic for like 50 bucks which is probably insanely bad, and you need that special mic to get audio directly into that program

PHEW!!!

i have too much time on my hands

Stupid Question

Ok...newbie question here. I want to do the above stuff. What options do I have for getting each track on my VF160 to my computer as a wav?

Here is what I think, but not sure:

-Backup the files on a SCSI drive
or
-If you have version 1.10 (I think) or later, then you can dump WAV files to the onboard IDE CD-RW. However, if you don't, then you have to either use the above solution or upgrade the BIOS. To upgrade the BIOS, you have to use a SCSI drive. Then when you upgrade, the newest version does not support the SCSI interface anymore.

Is there anyway to get the WAV files on my computer using the MIDI or the SPDIF plugs? I really don't want to buy a SCSI drive just for a one time use.

HELP!

Back