Multi-Track Software

vbass62

Hello,
I'm a proud owner of a vf160 and an older iMac, G3. I would like to know if there exists any software that can take my wav files and mix them directly on my computer? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks for the responses. Have any of you downloaded Dek LE trial software? I did last night and I'm completely confused. There are no instructions. What should I do?

Haven't heard of that one.

I thought that N-track wasn't compatible with Macintosh?

If it is compatible you should definitely check into it. They have a limited free trial version .

Apple recently sent me a propaganda video about a new product called "GarageBand". I believe it ships with all new G5's and is available for purchace from their website.

http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/

I Played with it for about 45 mins when we had a new machine in for repair and it reminded me a lot of Adobe Audition (Cool edit).

{I should mention I only deal with apple at work and dont run one myself so can't answer many questions about this product.}

kdgospel- You use Ntrack right? Have you ever used pro-tools, CEP, or other? How do the abovementioned compare to each other and to N? How do protools and CEP compare price-wise?

cellardweller said:
kdgospel- You use Ntrack right? Have you ever used pro-tools, CEP, or other? How do the abovementioned compare to each other and to N? How do protools and CEP compare price-wise?

I haven't used the others. I have Win XP and protools free doesn't work with XP (at least not when I was looking at it). I believe that cool edit pro is a wav editor instead of multi-track (I could be wrong). ProTools free is free and everything else is more expensive than N-track. I quit shopping when I started using N-track.

kdgospel said:
I believe that cool edit pro is a wav editor instead of multi-track (I could be wrong). .

You're wrong.:D

It's a full blown multitracker.I own N-tracks and have worked on Cool Edit Pro.Cool Edit Pro is lightyears beyond N-tracks.

cellardweller said:
There is the exact quote, "light years beyond".

Kramer, do you still use N track at all?

Yes,I still use it.It's the only multitracking software that I own.If I had the bucks I would shell out for CEP.

N-Tracks is still the best bang for the buck.It's not Cool Edit Pro but it can get the job done.

I have both Adobe Audition and N-Track and I find I use N-track for most of the things I do. They are both very easy to use!

I know this thread is getting away from the initial topic, but I have to say that it is so cool that when I report a problem w/nTrack (I recently moved to a new PC and some files were acting weird), that Flavio himself replied -- rather quickly, too. I doubt you'd get that w/many other softwares.

Other than that simple problem, nTrack has worked very well for me, and I can't get over the low, low price tag. A friend owns one of the other progams and constantly has problems because it's so confusing to use -- and he is questioning the price tag now.

I'm sure nTrack is limited in some ways, but I haven't discovered them yet.

Just my 2 cents.

G

Back