More e-bait bullshit!!!!!!

eyeslikefire

I CAN SMELL EM!
I'ts me with more E-bay ripoffs....

Ok, lets say...
You are out shopping for a portable guitar amp, you decide to check out the Pignose amps because everyone tells you they sound great! OK.. Let me go to e-bay, I'll probably find a great deal,... right?.....

e-bay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2529919103&category=10171

Musicians Friend...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...=guitar/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/489050/

What the hell is wrong with some people!!!!!!!!!!!

I am definitely in the wrong business... SHEESH!!!

Sweet. I'll pay more for the ebay version, because now that it's a few years old, it's a classic.

I've seen the same thing with 4-tracks. I saw a guy selling a Tascam 4-track that he bought about 4 years ago for $400, so he's selling it for $350. Only problem is, by now, Tascam has dropped the price, and you can get it new for $200. I always e-mail these sellers and explain to them why they have no bidders.

$69 bucks! That's how much they cost 20 years ago. Nice to know some things don't increase in cost.

I hate ebay, but its really the only place to buy second hand gear. Everytime I bid on something someone comes at the last second and outbids me. Usually there is a bidding war where the winner ends up paying almost full price for something used. You stupid idiots!!!!!!!

Hey ELF,

Your missing the boat here. With your research and knowledge you could make a few bucks on ebay.

When Mars went south I took a chance on a ton of stuff. All NIB. Most of the stuff I broke even on but some items I got a great deal to start and made enough to pay for a Fender Strat I bought there.
Everyone got new gear at great prices and were happy.

I always start things at $1.00, People are drawn to action and when you start at $1.00 there are plenty of people who will bite a buck at a time and before you know it you have 10 or 15 bids.
You know this is true because as you search the forum, you notice things with high bid counts and at least check it out.
Stellar feedback is also a plus, I have almost 4000 transactions with one negative and 2 neutrals (all from impossible douchebags) People are willing to pay to deal with someone who has a great record. (got it back in the days of Beanie Babies, bought my wife a new car with the $$$)

Seriously......think about it. People are taking money from other people every day...............why can't you get your share?

Then you can be postin some new pix of those guitars you got with auction funds!

jcmm said:
Hey ELF,

Your missing the boat here. With your research and knowledge you could make a few bucks on ebay

I know man, and you are right.(about me missing the boat) As a matter of fact one of the reasons I'm always prowling in e-bay is because (apart from looking for a 81' Carvin DC-200 KOA) I want to get into the biz.

It just urks me when I see such robery.

But hey if you are stupid enough to pay $150.00 for something that lists for so much less then.... Well... You know...

Bring the vaseline. :D

If you ever get the urge to dive in, LMK
I'd be happy to help in any way I can, I had it mastered.

Just do the homework to know what something goes for, and don't pay to much to start!

Face it, good deals on e-bay are few and far between. I go there for the entertainment value, and to see what's out there.

Twist

godamn it. I got out bid with less than 1 minuete last night. Someone sniped me at the last second. Thats cheap, thats horse shit. Anyway the damn thing (Hafler Ta 1100) went for 30 dollars less than what it cost brand new. And thats without a warrenty.

i also find it hard to believe people pay what they do on ebay, must be an addiction or something... out of touch or just stupid, no offence, but a good search can find great prices on the web, lower than ebay anyway..

or there ego just can't stand anyone out bidding them, either way i've never won an auction there, but then and again, i only tried a doz times/auctions before the lights came on :)

must be a timing thing, i always got snippered i believe...

i wouldn't trust someones used crap if you paid me now, been there, done that...

twist said:
Face it, good deals on e-bay are few and far between. I go there for the entertainment value, and to see what's out there.

Yup. Don't forget, the market is opened up to the whole world, not just the Guitar Center customers in whatever city.

Don't forget about shipping either. That guitar might be just under list, but then you factor in that $20-50 shipping charge and yikes! Ebay sellers get to charge not just for shipping, but shipping AND handling. Who knows? Maybe someone hates going to UPS with a passion. If he thinks it's worth an extra $10 s/h, then you're kinda stuck.

I agree about the entertainment though. I'm always amazed at
1. one goes up there for sale
and
2. what someone is willing to pay for it.

Good times.

This is how it works. The odds are that out of millions and millions of people there has to me a few thousand fools. Those are the people who buy something used for more than it cost new. Those are also the people who outbid me at the last second and end up paying an unresonable price.
Ok im done complaining now.

Snipers tend to think they are getting a deal, and sometimes they do.
The key to bidding is to decide what you are willing to pay before bidding, then put it in. If someone is willing to pay more, than let them have it.

Don't get caught up in the sniping, and you'll do fine.

Toker41 said:
Why the hell would anyone want a Pignose amp for any price?

For the sustain and tone man! Haven't you ever had a wall of Pignose amps behind you? Once you go there you never want to come back :eek:

Its the only place to sell shit. I get stupid amouns of money for some stuff. You can find deals there too, but you have to know what to look for. Look for auctions ending at 2 in themorning, or during the biz day. They go for cheaper. Also, try mispelling the name of what you are looking for in the search. You'd be suprised at how many people mispell when they list, and then don't get any hits. Search for odd words that you think might show up in the listing of what you are looking for. That way, you may happen upon one that somebody didnt know how to list it properly...and nobody else has found it.

Back