Mixing/mastering online service????

freeztar said:
Thanks Ron82:>
I'm currently uploading the tracks to Ron's ftp site. Hopefully they will finish uploading in a few hours (I have dial up). I guess just start posting once you've finished. Everyone can be the judges and it should be fun to hear all the mixes and feedback.
Let the games begin!!!
I notice the tracks are not all the same size (for the ones that are there) - they all need to start from the same original point - otherwise we won't be able to align them (since there are no alignment clicks).

Or you'll have to tell us each track's offset from 0 (origin) so that we can place the tracks properly in the s/w....

Blue Bear Sound said:
I notice the tracks are not all the same size (for the ones that are there) - they all need to start from the same original point - otherwise we won't be able to align them (since there are no alignment clicks).

Or you'll have to tell us each track's offset from 0 (origin) so that we can place the tracks properly in the s/w....

Its too bad session files are not in a common language.

SoMm

How different are three track mixes going to be unless everyone starts cutting stuff up and going crazy? It will pretty much just be an EQ and reverb contest.

Blue Bear Sound said:
I don't think it has to be quite so formal.... people can simply post their mixes and let the listeners decide for themselves....

that's what i'm afraid of, could be rigged pretty easly or a twisted flame out of views and votes, i guess a few top techs here could cast the final vote and then the peanut gallery could state there views and oppinions/votes...

donno? it does sound like an interesting idea though, the EQ game...

welcome to "Who Wants To Be A EQ/MIX Tech" taa da da te da da!! ;)

Blue Bear Sound said:

Check out the txt document in same directory for start times.

Ok... question though... it kinda goes along with what Tex was saying -- exactly what is there to mix here??

I notice it's only 3 tracks, seem to be only a rhythm bed, and you've already applied effects to each track, so you've limited the options significantly except for throwing up faders and some EQing!

(ie - this isn't really mixing a song...)

:confused:

Blue Bear Sound said:
Ok... question though... it kinda goes along with what Tex was saying -- exactly what is there to mix here??

I notice it's only 3 tracks, seem to be only a rhythm bed, and you've already applied effects to each track, so you've limited the options significantly except for throwing up faders and some EQing!

(ie - this isn't really mixing a song...)

:confused:

Ive been following. I havent looked at the tracks though.

3 Tracks? Already tweeked ?

Ill wait for an answer to that one.

Sounds like fun though,, thats if theres a significant amount of " Raw" Tracks.

Malcolm

malcolm123 said:
Ive been following. I havent looked at the tracks though.

3 Tracks? Already tweeked ?

Ill wait for an answer to that one.

Sounds like fun though,, thats if theres a significant amount of " Raw" Tracks.

Malcolm

3 tracks, period. With effects stereo panning, etc.

Not much fun for me. There's nothing much to do. The finished product, in my opinion, would be unfinished. This song needs a melody or something.

Sorry this is off topic...

Fishmed, i was looking through your equipment list and i had a few questions on some of the equipment you have.

I was wondering what you really liked to used the Urei LA-4s for? Do you do anything special with them besides limiting?

Also, wondering if you did anything special with your DBX 160Xs. What do those shine on?

Wow, kids!

It looks like we've got ourselves a good, old-fashioned summing competition. Yupper. Good luck!

:D

And happy summing.

ok, so my tracks are insufficient. I didn't figure that people would be craving more tracks, and I'm at a loss with raw tracks right now. I'd love to belt out some fresh "raw" tracks, but my soundcard is currently defunct and all the tracks I have saved have been messed with. I picked these tracks because they are the least messed with from what I have. I've learned an important lesson here...always keep backups of raw tracks when editing/mixing/mastering. Duh! So don't let my feeble antics destroy the friendly competition. Hopefully I can get my soundcard replaced soon, but if anyone else has tracks to donate, throw them on the table(ftp) and lets see what happens from them. I'm curious to hear the various mixing techniques employed, and lets not forget the initial question, however misconstrued the answer might be.:)

Back