Mixing/mastering online service????

freeztar

Does anyone know of a company that will take your recorded tracks and mix/master them professionally?

I ask because I would like to compare the results to my own mixing/mastering.

Keith

They are usually called "Recording Studios" and they will be happy to mix your project for a small fee. How many songs/tracks and what is your budget?

I think what freeztar means is this:

Are there recording studios that will accept files via FTP or email to mix/master as a sample prior to committing the whole project?
Perhaps for a fee or not?

If that's not the intent of the original question, maybe someone could answer it anyway, 'cause I've wondered that myself.
:)

exactly Christopher.

I don't want to spend hundreds on a recording from a recording studio when I have a "recording studio" at home. I want a sample take that I can obtain online (email, ftp, etc.). I also want it to be very professional (I know I'm asking a lot here). I know how much time it takes to do this sort of thing, so I'm willing to spend some money, I just don't want to spend several hundred on one song when I could invest that money into some fatty recording gear of my own. Does this make more sense?

SoMm.... perhaps you don't understand the concept -- this post was a free opportunity to plug YOUR facility... and now you wasted it by plugging someone else's!

Shame.......

Besides... Bob Katz??? What does he know about anything more than 2 channels????

:p :p

Shame on me! Again:)

Ok....

I'd mix it..... Ill mix anything :) Send me the tracks in hi res on cd's(data disc) with track sheets and notes. If I have to mix it in the box is will not be as good as I like. But you'll never know the difference :)

If someone else gets the mix gig Im still open to master it :)

SoMm

Blue Bear Sound said:
SoMm.... perhaps you don't understand the concept -- this post was a free opportunity to plug YOUR facility... and now you wasted it by plugging someone else's!

Shame.......

Besides... Bob Katz??? What does he know about anything more than 2 channels????

:p :p

for that matter visit:

Fisher Media

What format are your tracks?

Here is an idea. Lets each take the song and see who comes up with what mix. Maybe the best mixer can do the whole project, or just peice out each song to different people.

mallcore pop said:
Okay, but he is going to pay each of us for our mix/master, right?

MP

I would mix one song free just to see how my mix would compare to those of this forum. If it is used, I would just want credit. If he wants me to mix more songs, then we would have talk about money.

Fishmed said:
I would mix one song free just to see how my mix would compare to those of this forum. If it is used, I would just want credit. If he wants me to mix more songs, then we would have talk about money.
That could be interesting.... I'd be game... I'd love to hear the various mixes!

Wow! Thanks for the great responses. I kind of feel like a commodity now. If ya'll are serious then let me know and then "let the games begin". It would be an easy project, 3 tracks (guitar, keyboard, percussion). It's also a short song, 2.5 minutes maybe. I would love to hear the differences and even throw my own mix in the running. Also, if I heard something I really liked, then I would be willing to hire you for some more songs and even pay you some money :).
Keith

Back