Mixing Contest! Tons of prizes!

You can never tell on the interwebs.

Don't give me no lip, son. Now get to mixing, slave. :D

But seriously, is the very beginning a little bit wild? I know I know, wild WFT is that?

On my first listen I thought the tracks were out of alignment. It seems to tighten up after about 20 seconds.

This ain’t my first rodeo. I have all the tracks zeroed out so it ain’t my DAW.

Is there some reference point you can name so I am sure the tracks are aligned?

Or just fuck it and mix on?

just hoping the vocals are all ok
LOL. Probably not. Have fun.

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

But seriously, is the very beginning a little bit wild? I know I know, wild WFT is that?

On my first listen I thought the tracks were out of alignment. It seems to tighten up after about 20 seconds.

This ain’t my first rodeo. I have all the tracks zeroed out so it ain’t my DAW.

Is there some reference point you can name so I am sure the tracks are aligned?

Or just fuck it and mix on?
I had that problem with them when I mixed it a year or two ago myself. Slice and dice, dude. :) It wouldn't be fun without having to fix some shit. There's a lot of stuff going on. You might think about trimming some of it...or you might nudge it...or you might do something creative with it...or blah blah blah etc etc etc. :drunk:

lol am i missing something? i think the opening is fine. if anything the bass line muddies the guitar riff but all is in time with each other

lol am i missing something? i think the opening is fine. if anything the bass line muddies the guitar riff but all is in time with each other
Perhaps his is more whacked than I think. There is a little bit at the beginning of the song that is a bit off, though, if I remember correctly.

And agreed on the bass part. Tell the stubborn bass player that. :spank:

I gotta' know: Where did you place the place the PZMs and how many did you use? The sound is killer. The track is stereo, yet I'm not hearing stereo separation.

No...it's certainly not a mono track accidentally bounced to stereo. Flipping one side only nulls about half of the sound.

Are you sure that even is the PZM track? It sounds more like a mixed drum buss...too good to be a single microphone. I mean, all of the drum mics sound great. But this one sounds already mixed.

No...it's certainly not a mono track accidentally bounced to stereo. Flipping one side only nulls about half of the sound.

Are you sure that even is the PZM track? It sounds more like a mixed drum buss...too good to be a single microphone. I mean, all of the drum mics sound great. But this one sounds already mixed.
Treat it how you wish. I may very well be from a mixed drum buss. However, it was bounced down as PZM. That may have been the routing.

Back