Mic Grills

Trust me, we're a generic garage band that's lucky drunk people will sit and listen through a whole set. No illusions of grandure here. That dream died when i turned into a bitter 30 something after I realized that for the most part life sucks.

lol, i was talking to MC moresound!!

As it turns out we're twins, just he's a chef and I'm not.

Oh yeah, and speaking of life sucking....

p.s. Hey look at me derailing my own thread. :)

Trust me, we're a generic garage band that's lucky drunk people will sit and listen through a whole set. No illusions of grandure here. That dream died when i turned into a bitter 30 something after I realized that for the most part life sucks.

I was hit by the same realization, that's when I moved to the production side of the stage and life couldn't be better. ;)

:cool:

Do mic grills matter?

From what I've read a Beta 57A is essentially the same mic as the 58A with the exception of the grill. Is that a load of BS or not?

If the above is true will this grill be an acceptable replacement or should I look for an OEM part?

http://www.long-mcquade.com/product...kville_Sound/Replacement_Grill_for_a_SM58.htm

In the event that anyone still cares, I can confirm that the beta 57A has threads just like the 58A. They should be interchangeable.

Will

In the event that anyone still cares, I can confirm that the beta 57A has threads just like the 58A. They should be interchangeable.

Will

Yes Will ....on the Beta 57 there are the threads but not on the regular 57.

SEE

Last edited:
i can't believe how much shit we talked in this thread,,,,and we didn't even have do the OP the favour or reading his post properly :(

sorry tetra! happy grill swapping :)

Wait. A beta 57 can be a beta 58 with a 58 grill. We are taking beta, not sm. Right?

we're not talking sm.

we're talking beta 57a and beta 58a.

from pictures tho, it looks like beta 57 and beta 58 are the same (physically)

i can't believe how much shit we talked in this thread,,,,and we didn't even have do the OP the favour or reading his post properly :(

sorry tetra! happy grill swapping :)

:laughings: Pretty funny really.

Thanks greyfox!

So the question still remains, should I look for the official Shure Grill or is there better/worse after market grills.

we're not talking sm.

we're talking beta 57a and beta 58a.

from pictures tho, it looks like beta 57 and beta 58 are the same (physically)

Yup...I just went out to one of the trucks and did just that ....and lookie see I have a Beta58 with a flat screen and a Beta57 with a screen in a motherly way. :D

Most people will just slam their 58 on the floor to get a flat screen so as to have the mouth closer to the element!! :laughings:

Last edited:
Back